Search the forum,

Discuss Can a combi in a cellar supply a radiator in the loft? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

If you have a Vaillant ecotec 28 in the cellar - supplying 7 radiators - 3 on ground and 4 in first floor - could that also supply a radiator in the attic?

As long as the system is pressurised to allow for lift and a suitable pump used then yes

So I need to add an extra pump to the Combi boiler on the central heating circuit?

Most boiler pumps are suitable but if you have doubts then using a Grundfos pump calculator (which can be found online) and by inputting some data it will give you recommended options, you could then see if your pump is suitable.
It may be that a second pump is recommended but when you start adding multiple pumps you then need to think of hydraulic separation.

Without going into thermodynamics, do what you want.
If it doesn't work, then go to Plan B and put a second pump in with a hydraulic separator.

I doubt whether you will have any issues with your existing setup.

I've done plenty of jobs where additions to the houses, technically means the boiler is undersized.
I generally tell the customer to keep the existing boiler and see how it copes. ( if the boiler isn't too old )
If it doesn't cope, we'll upgrade the boiler at a later stage.

Reply to Can a combi in a cellar supply a radiator in the loft? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock