From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss Can a combi in a cellar supply a radiator in the loft? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Shower Power Booster | PlumbersForums.net Official Sponsor
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
If you have a Vaillant ecotec 28 in the cellar - supplying 7 radiators - 3 on ground and 4 in first floor - could that also supply a radiator in the attic?

So I need to add an extra pump to the Combi boiler on the central heating circuit?
Most boiler pumps are suitable but if you have doubts then using a Grundfos pump calculator (which can be found online) and by inputting some data it will give you recommended options, you could then see if your pump is suitable.
It may be that a second pump is recommended but when you start adding multiple pumps you then need to think of hydraulic separation.

oz-plumber

Esteemed
Plumber
Without going into thermodynamics, do what you want.
If it doesn't work, then go to Plan B and put a second pump in with a hydraulic separator.

I doubt whether you will have any issues with your existing setup.

I've done plenty of jobs where additions to the houses, technically means the boiler is undersized.
I generally tell the customer to keep the existing boiler and see how it copes. ( if the boiler isn't too old )
If it doesn't cope, we'll upgrade the boiler at a later stage.

Wetroom Store - Official Forum Sponsor
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Reply to Can a combi in a cellar supply a radiator in the loft? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

Plumbing and Plumbers

Plumbing Workwear

Shower Power Booster

Plumbase Spares - Plumbing Supplies and Spare Parts

Water Underfloor Heating

CORGI Direct for Plumbers

The Wetroom Store

Plumbase Spares