Search the forum,

Discuss Camray 5 DIY help required! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, Hoping someone can help me out, I'm stuck. I have a Camray 5 boiler, which will fire up and burn fuel for around 10-20mins, no heat to the radiators although I have an initial burst of hot water (10-20mins). I have changed the pump, this week, changed the thermostat about 10 months ago, changed the 3 port valve as the last one had a leak, changed the diverter actuator, this week. When the system was empty I stuck in some inhibitor to clean it out. I'm still having the same issues, it fires up and burns fuel around twice per day for 10-20mins then cuts off. The pipes on each side of the pump are warm and the initial pipes around the 3 port valve are also warm, I can move the manual override arm with expected resistance but makes no change to the problem. Getting nothing within the house and no drop in pressure? Nothing happens when I press the reset button.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

20191030_163118.jpg

20191030_163000.jpg

What head did you fit on the 3 port valve?
[automerge]1572463976[/automerge]
The camray 5 requires a specific head, not a standard head.

Are you absolutely sure that you have not got an airlock in the system?

Apologies for stating the obvious, but the symptoms you describe could point to that.

The 10 minutes + of running from cold and then shutting down is the high limit stat cutting in through lack of circulation. If you are confident that the pump is set and functioning properly and the three way valve has been correctly replaced - there is not much left to be troublesome!

Last edited:
I think I got the airlock out. To be super sure, I've drained the system again and refilled. Bled the radiators and purged both lines. Boiler fired up and ran for around 45mins, giving me hot water and heating, then locked out before reaching thermostat temp. Wouldn't restart. I tried restarting it this morning, it fired up, burned for around 10-20mins and back to the same no heat or hot water. I'm now drinking whisky to stay warm, which is playing havoc with home life. I've called 4 plumbers who all are saying 3-4 weeks before they can come out

Will do...... I've just fired the boiler again after rotating the pump 90 degrees. No joy I'm afraid. It's cutting out after 10 mins. Pump not lighting up to show power? although the board is showing a green light, no lights for flow or tank? Could it be the PCB is next to replace?

Reply to Camray 5 DIY help required! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock