Search the forum,

Discuss Calmag powerflush advice needed asap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tommy1712

I been offered a used calmag powerflush for £300. Is it worth it of just put a few extra coins in for a used kamco or fernox??

I been offered a used calmag powerflush for £300. Is it worth it of just put a few extra coins in for a used kamco or fernox??

Is it the Calflush or the Calflush Max? Thats a lot of money for a used basic Calflush - a new one won't set you back tons more. But it would be a good deal on a Calflush Max, assuming its in good nick.

The max is big right? It's just the normal one 20 rad job. That's what I thought around the £560 mark. For £400 can get a used kamco. Just think it's a bit optimistic

Lucky escape there then I would have been well ****sttttt if I had gone for it knowing that now lol is that tradeonlyplumbing you link? Can I get a magnet kit for that flush

Does it really work that good? I am looking and understanding the process I think lol but how is that so much faster that a kamco or fernox with a magnet fitted? Ain't even got a pump on it lol if it's that good hurry up and take my money lol

Yes, Williams & Co | Trade Only Plumbing & Heating Supplies is us. If you want add a magnet kit, you probably can't do better than the Adey Magnacleanse Mack01 kit. Calmag don't make a dedicated kit.

Ray does your magnacleanse flushing kit come with everything in its pic on the site (filter unit, connector kit, rad agitator)??? Sorry to ask on Tommy's thread but it seems very cheap.
Or is it just the filter?

Oh and Tommy, definitely worth the extra few pounds and get a new unit, some people get lucky and get a bargain but most lose out and costs them more in the long run.

Cheers

I am not sold on the magnacleans I don't think yes it cleans the water bug it can't remove all the sludge like a normal powerflush it can't flush the pipes through or force a build up out. I might be wrong tho

I know some heating engineers that swear by the magnacleanse and some that don't like it.
Personally I think a magnacleanse used correctly (closing all rads and half filling one at a time using the circulating pump for flushing) is excellent for systems that aren't to bad/old and is less intrusive.
Then on the other hand a power flush is great for older more caked up systems, and like you say clearing a blockage.
In an ideal world you would use both.

That's gunna speed things right up if they filter as good as they say

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Calmag powerflush advice needed asap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

C
Hi. I had issues with cold spots four years ago and had a Magnacleanse done. This caused a few pinhole leaks and I got new radiators. I've just had my boiler serviced and had no issues. They have recommended a powerflush (more expensive) whilst the guy who did the Magnacleanse has said he can...
Replies
Views
Chris Irish
C
The system is about 20 years old and has never been cleaned. The radiator water looks like tar and several radiators are warm at top and cold at the bottom. What would be the best steps to clean the system? I have spoken to several engineers. One only recommends a magnacleanse due to being a...
Replies
Views
After some advice please. Recently bought some shower panels to have installed. However the installers must have missed installing the waterproof trim I bought as didn't use it? How much of a problem is this? I was told by another installer that it should be used as external seals are no where...
Replies
Views
Looking for advice please, our plumber has left us in it and I think I may know why. So they where supposed to be fitting a cloakroom sink putting the pipe work in the wall then fitting these black shut off valves and black trap but can’t see how this is possible the way the work has been...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m looking to retrain as a gas engineer and do a new entrants gas course. I’m a bit concerned by the ‘on-job’ work experience/shadowing, as some course want to charge £1500 to pair you up with a qualified engineer. Some courses don’t offer pairing and suggest you find your own engineer to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock