Search the forum,

Discuss Caleffi Pressure reduction valve causing noise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

OK I have recently installed a Caleffi PRV to a 28mm pipe.
Incoming pressure I am informed by local plumber is 7 bar and I have reduced this to 3 bar. The trouble is that the prv is causing a nasty vibration/humming noise when using any of the taps or shower down stream of the unit.
Any ideas

Could be the flow rate is so low for the size of valve it's bouncing. Have you got a straight run of pipe after the prv to stop it reflecting back and forth and resonating? Ps I'm not a qualified engineer.

Post a pic of the valve installed.
It could just be a faulty valve.

I know the sound you are mentioning - it could wake the dead.
Does the valve installed have and isolation valve built into the valve or is it just a plain PRV?
If it has an isolation valve built into it, that could / would be the problem. Try finding a plain PRV and installing a ball valve on the inlet side

Reply to Caleffi Pressure reduction valve causing noise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock