Search the forum,

Discuss Caleffi Inlet Control Valve Hissing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Forum,

There is a Caleffi Inlet Control Valve (1 piece) connected to the hot water cyclinder and the cold feed, that is periodically (every 5 mins) hissing air, out of the grey catridge, when the hot water is heating.

image1.jpeg

- I've search around for an explanation without luck.

I don't believe that is normal, what is the cause/fix?

- On the outflow pipe is a Tun Dish, that has at somepoint had water flow, not sure when this occured, but not recently to my knowledge.

I have taken a video of the hissing, but haven't worked out how to post it here.

You need to get a G3 engineer ASAP, you can’t fiddle with this it’s too dangerous so I’m not going to tell you what’s wrong with it.

You need to get a G3 engineer ASAP, you can’t fiddle with this it’s too dangerous so I’m not going to tell you what’s wrong with it.

Now you are scaring me...

By the sounds of it I don't want to be touching it, only had a damn plumber in recently, he didn't say anything...

Where do I find a G3 engineer and do I need to turn off the heating/hot water??

Hi Ben-Gee,

though you aren't telling me what is wrong, I can guess that it is likely linked to my previous posts...

1) I've had to recently replace the pump and the Heating Expansion Vessel.
2) I have today discovered that I have an Automatic Air Vent leaking water.

- The AAV is at the top of the pipework, that feeds the hot water from the boiler into the hot water cylinder.
- I look inside the AAV to see if it can be serviced, it can't, it is clean as a whistle, I ordered a replacement.

- Is air trapped due to the AAV being knackered?? With the Inlet control valve now releasing the trapped air as pressure builds...

- Since the pump was installed, I have been having trouble expelling air...
And finally a few weeks ago the hot water wasn't heating, the theromstat had been knocked and wasn't taking a tempreature reading... I took the thermostat off and put it back, it then started working again.

So, as you see a lot of events have occured recently with the heating system, it all started will the towel rail in the top shower room, making a hell of a banding noise randomly in the middle of the night.

I've just sent a video of the hissing to the Plumber who installed the pump for me, he said to me it doesn't appear to be too serious... He will call me when he is free to do so

The G3 qualified plumber, tells me over the phone that the inlet control valve needs to be replaced, though he doesn’t believe there is any danger.

He suspects that the valve may have possibly been damage by the water pressure being increased due to more buildings going up on the development.

Sound plausible ?

Reply to Caleffi Inlet Control Valve Hissing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock