Search the forum,

Discuss Bypass Valve on S-Plan Installation CH system in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Just a quick one folks.

Should there be a bypass valve at the ringed location in the attached picture?

Between the pump and the CH/HW valves?

Thanks

Attachments

• BypassValve.jpg
    BypassValve.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 18
  • BypassValveLayout.jpg
    BypassValveLayout.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 15
Depends on boiler manufacturers instructions.
There is no explicit mention of bypass exclusion. There is an arrow on the pump that indicates flow from right to left from the boiler. But that boiler connection at the rear of the boiler that the pump is connected to is described as the Heating Return which would suggest the opposite flow. Confusing. So there doesn't appear to be a bypass valve. I'm guessing that the gate between the white Reliance valve and the HW tank is just an isolator.

1643032994547.png

Last edited:
If it has pump overrun yes should have an auto bypass

Need an auto bypass fitting then else the one you have is always open

Reply to Bypass Valve on S-Plan Installation CH system in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have just moved in to a 12 year old house with a system comprising of a gas boiler with header tank and hot water cylinder also with header tank, there are no TRV's in the aiting cupboard around the 3 way valve is what appears to be some kind of bypass - highlighted in yellow - .... what is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
A plumber recently told me my bypass pipework is poorly designed as it’s offering a low path of resistance v the motorised valve T junctions, and therefore is passing water constantly. I have noticed that, some minutes after the CH starts up, this bypass pipe gets hot along its entire length up...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented tank, zone vavles, pump, expansion is on first floor in airing cupboard - Currently piped as S-plan. - Hive controls. - Would like to fit 6-zone...
Replies
Views
I have read that an Auto Bypass Valve (ABV) is not compatible with a pump set to Proportional Pressure (PP) mode. I have a recently fitted Vaillant EcoFit Pure 430 heat-only boiler + Vaillant SensoComfort weather sensing controls + 15 rads (12 with TRVs) across 2 CH zones + a static bypass...
Replies
Views
I now have a Main 18 HEAT ERP boiler which has its own bypass valve. Should I remove the existing external one to improver system flow?
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock