Search the forum,

Discuss by passing a float switch in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi there, i am trying to by-pass the floating switch in a well water tank, in order to use the water directly from the well.
currently, i can only use water post tank unless i disconnect the float and have the tank overflow ! I remember there is a way to do this, Hurricane Irma destroyed the set- up and I can't remember how and what to put back together. I basically need to use the untreated well water before it gets in the tank ( and the softener ) HELP ! thanks a bunch.

Various ways, cut the float off the cable and connect cable to mechanical on/off switch or timer or tie up the float in the activated postion and run cables to the control switch/timer.

Various ways, cut the float off the cable and connect cable to mechanical on/off switch or timer or tie up the float in the activated postion and run cables to the control switch/timer.
Thank you, this implies a mechanical on/off switch, can you be more specific ? also it all needs to be automatic on account of a irrigation system that was just installed. The guys that did the installation could't figure out what to do about it. Thanks for your help 1

Thank you, this implies a mechanical on/off switch, can you be more specific ? also it all needs to be automatic on account of a irrigation system that was just installed. The guys that did the installation could't figure out what to do about it. Thanks for your help 1
Automatic as in a timer? Then wire in timer between supply and pump.

Thank you, this implies a mechanical on/off switch, can you be more specific ? also it all needs to be automatic on account of a irrigation system that was just installed. The guys that did the installation could't figure out what to do about it. Thanks for your help !
Again , thanks for your help.....I consider myself to be pretty handy at most things, but since i moved to Florida these water issues have been beating me silly ( I am on a well in rural land ) . The worst part of it is, i have hired "professionals" and for the most part have been given the run around ...maybe bad luck . Anyway, Forgetting the irrigation system, all I need to do is be able to use the water straight out the well vs the water treated by the water softener . I have a faucet from the well but its flow depends on wheter the tank is filling ( float switch ) or not . You mentioned a component, could you be more specific as to what it is i actually need ? Again thanks a bunch !

Again , thanks for your help...I consider myself to be pretty handy at most things, but since i moved to Florida these water issues have been beating me silly ( I am on a well in rural land ) . The worst part of it is, i have hired "professionals" and for the most part have been given the run around ...maybe bad luck . Anyway, Forgetting the irrigation system, all I need to do is be able to use the water straight out the well vs the water treated by the water softener . I have a faucet from the well but its flow depends on wheter the tank is filling ( float switch ) or not . You mentioned a component, could you be more specific as to what it is i actually need ? Again thanks a bunch !
You need a break tank between pump in well and water softner. Component? Either a full control panel, a timer or a manual switch none of which I can advise on from here, If you have the mechanical side done then try local electrican.

Reply to by passing a float switch in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock