Search the forum,

Discuss Buying a new van in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stanios

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Seasons greetings!

Have just enough saved money now to get a new van going for transit connect swb

Found a good deal online built to order 11.5k for trend ex vat but delivery is 10 weeks..
Looked at vans elsewhere that I can buy and drive, even low mileage are over £11000. Im confused why would anyone pay nearly the same for an 14 reg van with 10k miles as a 16 reg brand spanking new van :thinking:

Whats the trick here? Do I drive to dealership and barter with them hoping they will knock price down to at least match my online quote? Or shall I just order and wait.

Depends on options as well. It doesn't take much to add a couple of grand to the base price.

At that price for a trend I would order and wait .

Are you sure it's not a custom?

At that price for a trend I would order and wait .

Are you sure it's not a custom?
No its transit connect, transit custom is quite abit more and its the larger van. Trend gives me load through hatch for my copper and body colour bumpers. Ray your quite right im paying 500 extra for metallic silver paint, parking assist and electric folding mirrors.

Cheapest used I could find was £10k with 15reg 10k miles otherwise same spec. Quite surprised used vans go for that much

Cheapest used I could find was £10k with 15reg 10k miles otherwise same spec. Quite surprised used vans go for that much

I found the same thing - for a couple of grand more than a used one with around 15-20K miles I could get a brand new one with full warranty and ridiculously low interest rate on finance. Bit of a no-brainer really...

Don't know why they stopped making the astravan
They still make the astra but not the van.
Sounds a brilliant deal.
But when I'm buying a van it's always a one owner only with fsh.
What I find impossible in how the price of a second hand let's say 14Reg 11k+vat
And a second owner puts this value straight into the shoot.
And being nearly new is more than likely to be an ex-co vehicle and ammered the milage on it

Beautiful van. My mate has 1 in black lwb trend with all d bits. Don't think it's a while lot smaller really payload wise as my trafic.

The only pointer I'll give ye is that my mate got his 1 broke into. Locks not damaged. He thought maybe he'd forgot to lock it.
Cop told him it had a weak point. Should really just say this in the Arms.
Wiring loom passes through wing to passenger door. Ye should get this armoured by locksmith. It these wires 'short' the central locking opens.
Look into it b4 ye load d van with tools

I've sent you a private message Stanios about how to avoid the above happening.
All d best

I've sent you a private message Stanios about how to avoid the above happening.
All d best
Cheers mate, taken on board! Im planning on fitting two cameras one front and back so no scumbags will get away with it.

I wouldn't put any trust in CCTV. It's a deterrent at best, a slim chance of retrieving the stuff back in most cases.

I've got a LWB model brillaint to drive really smooth all kitted out with shelves
Bluetooth and USB really handy but being a ford doors have failed four times parts falling off them really tinny feel to them as bright Spark pointed out fault with door locking as I've since found out there on a two min delay as my partner lost his tools while locking his door and window broken and just unlock door from cockpit but Better than me caddy
good luck

Merry Christmas to all! Looks like il be ordering this beauty then. Cameras are more for insurance Nostrum, plenty of nutty drivers here in Croydon

Hope stanios looks out of the window to find a ribbon wrapped around a ford transit trend...
From secretary secret sana clause update on the day...

Hope stanios looks out of the window to find a ribbon wrapped around a ford transit trend...
From secretary secret sana clause update on the day...
Omg yes that would explain why all other presents were so lacklustre

VWs not all they're cracked up to be it seems. Well overpriced for certain though. 1425760_10207600819165778_3100123704647863208_n.jpg

Thats class. Needs to be parked outside the nearest VW stealership - on public land of course lol

i would say the mid 2000s transit connect was hard to beat. the only times we had them in for repairs was to fix leaking thermostat housings. apart from that it was just general wear n tear. tyres/brakes etc.

My last van before this one was an 06 Transit. Loved it & wish I had bought another but I was swayed by a new Vivaro which was cheaper than a two year old Transit.
A bit of cosmetic rust on the Transit was out of order though in these days when the vast majorityof other vehicles just don't rust

Just placed the order sales lady said they can take up to 16 weeks. Its my winter of discontent

OK it went t*ts up after I paid deposit they saying "Factory is busy so it up to 6 months wait"!!

Getting my deposit back and looking for ideas where I can get a good deal on new or newish transit connect

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Buying a new van in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock