Search the forum,

Discuss Business Banking Advice? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hannah1991

Hi,

Just about to set up as self employed and i've been told by some people that a business bank account is needed. Does anyone have one of these for their finances, if so which bank would you recommend?

I can see that having a separate bank account would obviously be so much easier but why pay for a business one instead of just having another current account?

May seem like a silly question and i may have posted in the wrong bit but i would just like peoples opinions really.

Thanks!

Hannah

Hi. If its just one sole trader? It may well be cheaper to use your existing account. How ever i would say most self employed plumbers are better at plumbing than book keeping. As a result January time is stressful trying to find all expenses and income. My advise would be to use cards attached to your bank account for all purchases connected to business. This will result in you having monthly statements of purchases including fuel etc, posted to your house. Which make managing / accounts easier to evaluate, regarding tax and cash flow. Good Luck

Just signed up to Natwest Business Banking as they are offering 2 years free banking. I explained I had been using my personal current account for business to date and they said they'd close my account if I continued to do this, not sure why.

But there business banking appears fine. I've got a new current account and a savings account (which is I pay my tax into so earn interest on it).

hi i use alliance and lester (santandar soon) as business banking is free and you bank your money in the post office been with the over 5 years know been great

I was with Alliance & Leicester, but sometimes cheques would take up to 8 days to clear when paying in through post office - this didn't help the cash flow at all.
They wouldn't even let you pay a cheque into a business account at a local branch - ridiculous !

I've been with HSBC for a few years now & reckon they're much better.

blod

this is changing soon as yo will be able to pay in at any santandar branch

Only once you've got to the front of the queue ;)

you will need a business bank account if you are going to do any sub contracting for any of the larger firms.
and also as said before you will find things easier if you use your card for any purchases as book keeping will be 10 times easier if you do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Business Banking Advice? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one ....just easy to use and reliable. The fluke 115 looks good but its above my budget. My current socket and see one was great but it's developed a fault.
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock