Search the forum,

Discuss Burner back pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

SJB060685

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Can someone explain to me how a higher burner back pressure in millibar affects thermal output? I’m training on oil and read a lot of manuals. Riello for example state the firing rates for various burner models and what can be achieved in output terms in relation to burner back pressure, ie a 26kw output can be achieved with a relatively high back pressure but say a 60kw requires a much lower back pressure. I have spent hours googling and have yet to find a definitive scientific answer.

I feel if it’s a definitive answer you require, why not
pose the question directly to one of the burner manufacturers.
You could contact EOGB who I’m sure would be happy to help. Alternatively one of the numerous boiler manufacturers will be able to assist.
As I should assume it is based on the design of the combustion chamber, secondary heat exchanger and flue etc.

Hi guys.

Thanks for replying. I understand how combustion chamber design and size can affect back pressure, as well as flue conditions and pump pressure and nozzle size etc etc. I have emailed EOGB technical department to see if they can give me a definitive answer.

Thanks again

Reply to Burner back pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm. This question is for my own house setup. We are really fortunate to have a large house, about 5,000sqft in total over 3 floors. It was built around...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm. This question is for my own house setup. We are really fortunate to have a large house, about 5,000sqft in total over 3 floors. It was built around...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
T
I’m currently looking into replacing my 20- year-old Ideal Classic FF 360 gas boiler in a 70s semi and have been getting various quotes for a condensing conventional boiler, as we don’t want a combi. The current boiler works well, we have it serviced every year via British Gas Homecare, but...
Replies
Views
can someone clarify for me pls. I have a vailant plus 630 R1. Approx 18 years. Clean as a whistle as recently had power flush inc chems so know all is clean and well. Despite setting the rad temp to say 75*, it rarely if ever runs to that temp. it’s generally max at 60* and as low as 50*...
Replies
Views
Have attached short video link to make explanation easier View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzBcvJTr10I 646 sqft apartment 1 ensuite bathroom 1 large(r) bathroom 150L(ish) boiler/water tank Grundfos Amazon STP-2.0 B ( AP030) (i think) 00:00 Water pressure upon opening is fine with hot...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock