Search the forum,

Discuss Bunging a boiler mate? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

ryanlee

Hi all, I have a job coming up soon to change trvs on a system with a boilermate 2. Not had much to do with these. Can they be bunged in the f & e tank or not, or not worth the risk due to the amount of water that could drop.
Cheers in advance.

I personally wouldn't risk it. I'd freeze the heating pipes coming out if there's room to get on them. If you need to drain it don't forget you'll need loads of inhibitor when you refill.

Spoke to a couple of people about boilermates and apparently they are probe to blocks in the cold feed hence why I want to avoid draining if poss. Anyone had any experience with clearing blockages on these?

Aye, disconnect cold feed off of top of boilermate when you refill. Just loosen nut and it will help refill.

Drain the whole boilermate system is the best solution for the home owner.

The Gledhill boilermate systems work very well with clean/treated water.

Most Gledhill systems are installed into new build houses, the installers are normally on a price for each job so quality goes :nopity:

I had a Boilermate system in my last house from new, radiators had sludge in them after 2 years.

Luckily, I have a lot of customers with Gledhills ! :party:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bunging a boiler mate? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock