Search the forum,

Discuss built in meter box clearances in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

does anybody know the required clearances for built in gas meter box and service pipe from an air vent/ openable window. i have seen 150 mm in a photo, but haven't got access to British standards to check

That are the regs show them that you should be fine if they question it tell them to get in touch with the networks as it’s there job not yours tbh

I can't see why there would be a reg re position of the meter / box other than to the side of a window / door where the normal 150mm to prevent undermining of the Lintel support brick / block / woodwork.
And the other way in that a hole for a flue or vent will be undermining / effectively weakening the brickwork opening for the Box.

The 150mm is Building regs, that's for the builder and he should already know.
The height is for the convenience of meter readers.

What's the issue exactly, has the builder put the box in a position that you disagree with?

Last edited:
I can't see why there would be a reg re position of the meter / box other than to the side of a window / door where the normal 150mm to prevent undermining of the Lintel support brick / block / woodwork.
And the other way in that a hole for a flue or vent will be undermining / effectively weakening the brickwork opening for the Box.

The 150mm is Building regs, that's for the builder and he should already know.
The height is for the convenience of meter readers.

What's the issue exactly, has the builder put the box in a position that you disagree with?

new build site with air vents above meter boxes less than 150mm away, I'm questioning it with them. other sites gas service installers have been smashing them so that they get moved
is the 150mm clearance in all directions? above and below

0.5-1.5m of ground (finished)

Then 150mm all round to openings, vents and flues

Reply to built in meter box clearances in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock