Search the forum,

Discuss Building Control Regs on Changing the Boiler Position to Outside Cupboard in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

We want to change the position of our boiler from the Kitchen to the outside cupboard at the front of the house.
The cupboard is 1m x 1m and 2.4m height and currently has a wooden door - so temperature wise will be close to outside temp.
We want to install a Viessmann Vitodens 100-w system boiler which has frost protection built in ( i believe). It will involve moving the gas pipes - our gas meter is just at the front of the said outside cupboard.
We will also move the unvented cylinder in the loft.

Our engineer has advised that we don't need to inform Building Control as it will fall within the permitted development because we already have a gas system installed so will be considered an upgrade.

Just wanted to check if we do indeed need to inform building control about this? Only thinking as we might want to sell thee house in 5-10 years and want a smooth sale without too much hassle.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated - let me know if you need more details.

Thanks in advance!

Boiler no unless it’s a new boiler recommended fitting a frost stat aswell

Unvented cylinder yes need to make sure it’s safe eg loading in the loft do a structural engineer needs to be quoted / asked

The new boiler will need notifying via Gassafe or Manufacturer or whoever the installer normally uses.
That notification ends up at Building Control.

The new boiler will need notifying via Gassafe or Manufacturer or whoever the installer normally uses.
That notification ends up at Building Control.

yes the engineer said he will notify the manufacturer. How about moving the cylinder in the loft? As that is part of the current system which we have at the moment.

Reply to Building Control Regs on Changing the Boiler Position to Outside Cupboard in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock