• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net (formerly UKPlumbersForums.co.uk). Please login with your usual username and password. Or register for free if you haven't already done so.

Discuss Bugs and weird things wanted! - Spot a forum bug? Report it here in the Plumbers Forums News and Updates area at PlumbersForums.net

Dan

Admin
Reaction score
Okay,

As far as I know, we're pretty much fully working now and on the new domain and software. I have a few things I still need to setup and install. But I'm now taking bug reports. So if you see anything weird going on, or something not working properly. Please report it. Either in this forum in it's own new thread, or in this actual thread. I'll pick up either.

rpm

Trusted
Plumber
Reaction score
Don't circumvent the short wording system.
Ok.

Riley

S. Mod
Trusted
Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
When Iclick on a new post when I’ve read it up to date it stays in The new post list

OP
Dan

Dan

Admin
Reaction score
The reason we're using that is to reduce small posts. Which have a drastic effect in Google these days. My theory is, if it can't be said in a small sentence, then it could be done with a smiley face.

A few sentences are required really. Not just even 5 words.

And if you circumvent the system, you're likely going to be put in the troll group which makes ALL your posts sit in a mod queue until we are around to approve your bigger posts, and delete all the rest. So you're wasting your own time and the time of the moderators.

CBW1982

Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
The reason we're using that is to reduce small posts. Which have a drastic effect in Google these days. My theory is, if it can't be said in a small sentence, then it could be done with a smiley face.

A few sentences are required really. Not just even 5 words.

And if you circumvent the system, you're likely going to be put in the troll group which makes ALL your posts sit in a mod queue until we are around to approve your bigger posts, and delete all the rest. So you're wasting your own time and the time of the moderators.
Thanks Dan, it's very useful.

CBW1982

Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
Hi Dan,

Not sure if this is relevant, but it must have kept me logged in from yesterday and came up with this in the alerts (old platform used to come up with “you need to be logged in to do that). Scott_d replied tomorrow?

Thanks,
Chris.

Attachments

Harvest Fields

S. Mod
Trusted
Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
@Dan @Lou I only use my phone to browse the Forum, I have noticed that the webpage doesn’t refresh by itself and that I have to manually do it?

Harvest Fields

S. Mod
Trusted
Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
No worries. While I’m on here and clicking buttons. On a mobile is there a way of going back to unread posts once you have read one without going through menu and new posts?

Chuck

Reaction score
So if you see anything weird going on, or something not working properly.
The 'Resources' list is showing duplicates. Possibly as a side-effect of posts being updated.

I find, 'Resources' a non-intuitive title for what is apparently a 'Find a Plumber' section. I'd expect a 'Resources' section to have things like data tables, specifications, codes of practice, etc. You could call it 'Find a Plumber' and then shorten the subcategory titles to 'In England', 'In Devon', etc.

rpm

Trusted
Plumber
Reaction score
The 'Resources' list is showing duplicates. Possibly as a side-effect of posts being updated.

I find, 'Resources' a non-intuitive title for what is apparently a 'Find a Plumber' section. I'd expect a 'Resources' section to have things like data tables, specifications, codes of practice, etc. You could call it 'Find a Plumber' and then shorten the subcategory titles to 'In England', 'In Devon', etc.
Look again Chuck, no duplicates just different areas covered. ;)

Reactions: Dan

Chuck

Reaction score
Look again Chuck, no duplicates just different areas covered. ;)
I'm not sure what you see, but when I click the Resources tab I see a list of five 'services' in the main panel. Three of these are unique, two of them (DND Services, Lismore Plumbing) are duplicates differing only in the 'Updated' time-stamp.

Forum Sponsors

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers - Plumb Advice

Plumbase - Plumbing Parts for Plumbers - Plumbers Advice

Power Shower Booster for Power Showers - Plumbing Advice

Underflor Heating Systems by uHeat - Plumbing Advice

Wetroom Supplies by Wetroom Store

Nicobond - Wetroom and Tiling Supplies - Plumbers Installation Advice

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers - Advice for Plumbers

Top Bottom