Search the forum,

Discuss Buget Boilers.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bluemoonstan

Hi everyone. What boilers do people recommend for those on a budget? fitted a few vailant but people want cheaper nowadays..

main i only fit potterton heat max(BAXI duotec 1 in disguise but there not the cheapest)if someone wants cheaper the main is very close to the heatmax anyway price wise

The logic is a great budget boiler. I would highly recommend them. And they do a lovely easy to use easy to fit wireless programmable stat.

i fitted the cheaper ideal one for Ā£450 and the customer was well happy considering i quoted for an intergas

intergas is not a budget boiler imho

Only one i have seen was hanging on a stand in Plumblines (plumbase). Technically a good boiler but too obscure and poor back up in Scotland. Not many fitted up this way. Not that cheap either.

intergas is not a budget boiler imho

It is compared to WB or Vaillant, Baxi to name a few.
I was surprised how cheap they are compared to these, lets just hope they are as good as people say though.
Ā£70 dearer than the Logic and Ā£300 cheaper than WB.

Last edited:
I know. I have fitted 7 of them now and i am quite impressed :lol:
You've kept that under your kilt a bit haven't you?! 7 logics?! If you listen very carefully you can hear gasman sharpening his axe!

It is compared to WB or Vaillant, Baxi to name a few. Yes you are right because they are robbing gits the first two , I have found the intergas good myself

will probably try glow worm next see how they are as i am a club energy member now so can get benefits

potterton heatmax Ā£565 flue and clock all in from pts thats what ive been getting them for

am the same as gasman potterton heatmax and for landlords i go for the new gloworm betacom A 28kw Ā£499+vat

I have said the Logic and Logic+ is a good boiler since it came out and the independent is a cheaper alternative but basically the same boiler with less warranty. I see a trend of ideal converts emerging.

Ps I have changed 2 chocolate worcester fans this week both less than 5 years old

Last edited:
ive been fitting them on contract and also fitted a few espirit 2 aswells, the icos older brother

how much are the intergas ones,boiler,flue,clock.
i,m a veissmann man,but little pricy for l/lords

My local PTS are doing the Alpha Intec 24X and flue for Ā£499!!

I can buy Intergas 24 for just short of Ā£800 with std flue no clock.#
But to be honest with the results and performance I have had I would pay more.
I will certainly never buy worcester ever again Full of plastic leaking stuff and I have bad times with many Baxi/main even though I have never fitted any.
My theory is
Budget Ideal independant
Mediocre Logic or +
Quality Intergas

when i went on the ideal course on monday the trainer was sure the independant was a rebadged logic for certain suppliers.

idependent is the same as the ideal logic just rebadged for the trade also comes with flue and built in clock
:yes:

The intergas comes with a built in clock and all the parts are interchangeable and only 4 moving parts

might start looking into the intergas boilers, they claim they invented the condensing boiler in 1989, looks like a good bit of kit and there is a supplier in edinburgh. Much is the spare parts kit ??

you wont need a spare kit they come with a 5 year guarantee if you do their course. I know a service engineer for them and he doesnt even bother carrying the breakdown case anymore as he had it in the van for 6 months and got no calls. I use to install viessmann but had a load of agg with them

again training is too far away for me grrrrrrrrrrr when they going to give us more help up north

might start looking into the intergas boilers, they claim they invented the condensing boiler in 1989, looks like a good bit of kit and there is a supplier in edinburgh. Much is the spare parts kit ??

Plumbline are doing them.

Might look into Intergas as well, Didn't know Plumbline were selling them, Thanks Tamz!

They had one on a stand last time i was in Sighthill branch. First one i had ever seen.

I'd never fit an ideal unless the cust wanted it. The Isar would get u hung for recommending it.

Basically the Isar put me off ideals for life.

Promax 24 Ā£599 at mr central heating is a decent buy at the min. Comes with flue and standard timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Buget Boilers.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and Iā€™m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few seconds! Can anyone tell me what is causing this? And how to cure?
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it šŸ˜¬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock