Search the forum,

Discuss BTU's at delta T65 and T50 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Guys,
Need some help. I have calculated online the BTUs for the rads (calculator used T65) then when purchasing I was looking at the T65 radiator calculations.....
But I have since noticed, Europe uses T50 as standard. What calculation would I use to convert the T65 BTU needed to the new T50 (I presume I would need to increase the number).

Or would it stay the same and I would just need to choose rad BTU's at T50?

Flow plus return temp

Divide by two

Minus your room temp

Eg

65+50

115/2

Mins let’s say 18

Gives you a delta t of 39.5

Delta t of 50 you would need your flow and return around 75-65

Which if you have a condensing boiler is bad

TBH I would work off a delta t of 40

Hi Guys,
Need some help. I have calculated online the BTUs for the rads (calculator used T65) then when purchasing I was looking at the T65 radiator calculations...
But I have since noticed, Europe uses T50 as standard. What calculation would I use to convert the T65 BTU needed to the new T50 (I presume I would need to increase the number).

Output of a 50 deg rad is (50/60)^1.3. I , can't work this out in my present location but very easily done on a spreadsheet . You can also and easier look it up in a radiator temperature correction table.

Hi Guys,
Need some help. I have calculated online the BTUs for the rads (calculator used T65) then when purchasing I was looking at the T65 radiator calculations...

Slightly misread your post so if the calculation was based @ T65 then the correction factor to run @T50 is 1.41, (65/50)^1.3.
IF it had been based @T60 then the correction factor to run @T50 is 1.27, (60/50)^1.3.

Reply to BTU's at delta T65 and T50 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had some old radiators replaced. Having checked the btu calculation myself, the new radiator is slightly undersized. It should have been 6150 btus, and the k1 rad that has been fitted (the required width in order to fit the old pipes) is 6025 btus. Output wise the next rad up would be a...
Replies
Views
I have a slightly undersized radiator in my living room. The calculation says 6315 btus and my rad is 6019 btus. It was a replacement radiator, the same size as the previous one (so pipes were in the right place). There is a gas fire in the room as well. Should this undersizing cause a problem...
Replies
Views
Hi all Having some renovations done on ground floor and looking to get rid of / replace some of the older looking boilers on that floor (mainly Double panel, double convector, some double panel single convector. As well as replacing these I wanted to add a couple radiators too, but have become...
Replies
Views
I've air tested pipework for years, typically 4 bar for 30 minutes. I've never had an issue with any pipework that has passed that test, occasionally you get a small leak from the air test typically old cap ends/scratched pipe which shows up easily on the test without having to inspect anything...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I’m hoping you’ll be able to help. I’ll try and make it as short as possible so that someone actually reads it, if you need any more details in order to help me just ask. Long story short: We bought a new house, built in 1975, new triple glazed windows, old loft insulation 100mm...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock