Search the forum,

Discuss BTU of new radiators in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hey everyone, I’m hoping you’ll be able to help. I’ll try and make it as short as possible so that someone actually reads it, if you need any more details in order to help me just ask.
Long story short:
We bought a new house, built in 1975, new triple glazed windows, old loft insulation 100mm, 16 radiators, new 40kw gas boiler with 2 zones -downstairs and upstairs.
We paid £30 a day when thermostat was set to 19.5C 24/7 so we cut it to upstairs heating only. The radiators are old, type 20, plumber said this could be the issue to our high bills as it takes a long time to heat up especially the last room in system (balancing is not the problem). We decided to replace the radiators in the last two rooms in house for the type 22 ones, but I am a bit confused what size to order. The original ones are 2000x540, but the biggest I could find was 1600x600mm and these are 9611BTU/ 2816W. The online calculators are showing me that the BTU needed for this room is 3000-4000. My question is, is the radiator (1600x600) unnecessary for a room this size (4.2x3.5m), and would a radiator with 7208BTU (1200x600) do the same job (still 3000BTU more than calculators have shown me)? Thank You ! 🙏

Attachments

• 815DA285-17C5-484F-83B4-2AAB63560AD5.jpeg
    815DA285-17C5-484F-83B4-2AAB63560AD5.jpeg
    291.3 KB · Views: 6

Reply to BTU of new radiators in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm studying plumbing and my work mate sized the opportunity to help him installing a new radiator. I'm looking for general advice which might eliminate mistakes. It'd also help me to build a portfolio before getting a job in trade. The house is old built and the rad goes into the kitchen...
Replies
Views
Having recently replaced my condensing gas boiler, i decided to upgrade two small double radiators which were located in a room which had been added to the original footprint of the house. The new radiators were tall standing double radiators approx twice size of originals. My fitter explained...
Replies
Views
B
I have recently moved into a new house. We have a problem with the heating in a bedroom that sits above a garage. The garage is an integral part of the house with the bedroom above. The bedroom is very cold compared to the other bedrooms . The builder insists that the radiator in the room is the...
Replies
Views
I would like to add an additional radiator to our central heating system. We have an attached double garage converted to a man-cave and workshop (with dividing stud partition wall) currently not covered by the central heating. The former is not currently user friendly in winter, and we get by...
Replies
Views
I have a 320 sqft double storey house with 6 bedrooms. The house is serviced by two heat only boilers (non condensing); a 120k btu (35kw) and a 70k btu (20kw). Both Boilers are installed at ground floor (120k at front and 70k at the back). Front boiler serving front downstairs and upstairs rooms...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock