Search the forum,

Discuss BTSC has gone into Administration in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did the 6129 level 2 at btsc a few months ago. I can see a lot of negative comments on here. But I found that I got exactly what I paid for. The trainers were really helpful and the facilities were top class. It was a lot of hard work and was very intensive, at times it was a struggle to keep up not coming from a trade background but I got there. I'm looking forward to completing my level 3 there when my work allows me time to.

he will be fuzzy, BTSC throw it in as part of the course. if he can find a placement or generate enough work privately they will arrange assessment visits for him.

Yes I will be doing my NVQ2. I want to get my Level 3 6129 done first though. My understanding of it is that the NVQ is to show my comptentcy in the workplace, so there is no additional learning as such. So i want to improve my knowledge first by doing level 3 and then i can do my NVQ's after that. I'm just waiting for my current contract to finish so I can carry on and do my Level 3. really looking forward to it.

there are some blogs and posts on other forums suggesting btsc manchester has been closed. anyone shed any light?

yep i beleive so, i heard from one of the trainers there, that it was on the cards about 3 weeks ago.

basically they just were not getting any new entrants so from a business point of view it became an exercise in spending and not making money, so it shut.

yep i beleive so, i heard from one of the trainers there, that it was on the cards about 3 weeks ago.

basically they just were not getting any new entrants so from a business point of view it became an exercise in spending and not making money, so it shut.

read a blog i found by simply googling, it said that the manchester branch was btsc europe and not btsc uk. although they were the same company they had been split, think they may even have had same owners? maybe somebody can clarify?

so if the case manchester shuts the other centre does not have to honour anything as by rights they are a different company

apparently they have been removing stuff for a while as they were seaking new premises, others suggested this was misleading and was only to ensure they could remove items without suspicion as they knew they were closing down

If this is true were does this leave people? can they get money back, continue with courses somewhere else, or would they have to pay?

There have been many people trained there, worked there or even still there, its interesting to hear peoples views. Maybe even a current employee/owner could put us straight on the facts please, i guess it could help a lot of people

i think peoples only option in terms of legal redress is to contact the receivers with details of what btsc owe them, and they will each receive a pittance from the remaining assets (if there are any)

and yes as it was a seperate registered business the other one has absolutely no liability whatsoever to honour any existing contracts. it remains to be seen whether they will at least offer continued training down in chessington for any displaced students.

yes the owners are the same. a chap named brian wall. before getting into the plumbing sector he did the same thing with 'want to become a estate agent? earn upto ÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁ by sitting on your bum for 6 weeks'

think that went belly up as well

i think peoples only option in terms of legal redress is to contact the receivers with details of what btsc owe them, and they will each receive a pittance from the remaining assets (if there are any)

and yes as it was a seperate registered business the other one has absolutely no liability whatsoever to honour any existing contracts. it remains to be seen whether they will at least offer continued training down in chessington for any displaced students.

yes the owners are the same. a chap named brian wall. before getting into the plumbing sector he did the same thing with 'want to become a estate agent? earn upto ÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁ by sitting on your bum for 6 weeks'

think that went belly up as well

i wonder if a good living has been made prior to going 'belly up'?

i bumped into the guy who used to teach at btsc at the renewables roadshow yesterday at the reebok stadium and he said that after the first btsc closing down scare that started this thread that the owner brian wall sold it to another outfit and that is why it has a different name,.

don't think theres much any of the half completed students can do though whoever the owner

BTSC apparently have done this before, they take peoples money go into receivership then open up under another BTSC name. BTSC UK, BTSC Europe etc avoid them like the plague

anyone with barclays finance.tell barclays that btsc has gone in administration and you havent finished the course.my friend who started with,he had his interest dropped and got 2000 pounds because they couldnt find a place to finish the course.
they wouldnt do it for me because my cousin was my creditor and they they said that the deal was with my cousin and not me.it took them a month to come to that conclusion.i think because we paid the loan off before the interest came,they needed to find a way out of it. please try it you have nothing to lose

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry guys, as a person that has worked for them a while ago and was asked if this lot were still in business I am just checking up, by the way there is no Brian Wall - when you complain it is to a B. Wall as in "complain to a Brick Wall", the owner thinks it's funny see.

i didnt see that b wall, clever but not really funny for those who are on the wrong end

what were they like to work for?

"B. Wall" was only funny to the bosses, even the centre managers and staff would cringe at it, but the rule was that every letter went to him, it was really Alan Jackson (before he sold it to Richard Hunt) and it gives a real understanding of how little he respected the students.

They were OK as employers, bit dictatorial really just like any other direct sales job.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alan Jackson (Mr slippery) was the owner of building trades, Home inspectors and car teacher training in Tolworth, Manchester, Birmingham and Bristol, he then sold it on to a guy named Richard Hunt that realised he had a mess to clear up after a week or two and had no money coming in because most of us sales guys realised it would be closed immanently so stopped selling.

did people know at the time the joke of b wall or just staff? does seem quite a bad taste joke for people paying 1,000s

Oh they listened then sent written fob off letters 6 weeks later is what i was told

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

did people know at the time the joke of b wall or just staff? does seem quite a bad taste joke for people paying 1,000s

All staff knew of this and looking back it was a way of keeping the sales side positive by not letting us deal with anything other than sales, even the centre managers and admin staff were banned from dealing with complaints. If the trainees were aware of this they had nowhere else to deal with anyway!

They always replied in 14 days but they trotted out the same in every letter, the sad part is that most people gave up seeking redress, in three years they paid out 25% value of 10% of the claimants, if nothing else they knew the law and psychology of the students.

so they used the contract to slowly demoralise people?
Not really I think they wanted people to succeed but they wanted the profit more, the contract was so unfair that if it went to court you'd have a fair chance it would be deemed unlawful due to it's unfairness, I bet you weren't informed that all the interviews were recorded and listened to, the sign -up rooms when you sign up are all micro-phoned up and calls recorded,all of the time-lines for training were ambitious to say the least, in the energy assessor side the course was difficult, the training rules were stringent, the exams hard to understand, the only good thing was that some of the trainers were good, the bad ones took wait for it.......11 times to pass one of the tests, and he was a fully trained surveyor.

Not really I think they wanted people to succeed but they wanted the profit more, the contract was so unfair that if it went to court you'd have a fair chance it would be deemed unlawful due to it's unfairness, I bet you weren't informed that all the interviews were recorded and listened to, the sign -up rooms when you sign up are all micro-phoned up and calls recorded,all of the time-lines for training were ambitious to say the least, in the energy assessor side the course was difficult, the training rules were stringent, the exams hard to understand, the only good thing was that some of the trainers were good, the bad ones took wait for it.......11 times to pass one of the tests, and he was a fully trained surveyor.

sounds like the training could be good but the training experience wasnt

a chap at college went through BTSC but gave up after the 3rd week, he said he got no refund which I suspect means a loss fo a few thousand quid, i dodn't push further but he said it was too far to travel, i would of thought before opaying up he would have known exactly what the travel situation was .

a chap at college went through BTSC but gave up after the 3rd week, he said he got no refund which I suspect means a loss fo a few thousand quid, i dodn't push further but he said it was too far to travel, i would of thought before opaying up he would have known exactly what the travel situation was .

The way these courses are sold are mainly as an impulse purchase, take the incoming call and convert to interview, interview and arrange to call back tomorrow, say they have been selected for this great "trade" and when can they pay, book a sign-up time, sign-up and pass to the trainers, all told it normally took a week, then they're in a classroom thinking "how did I get here". The other type is the person that wants a job, trade, qualifications but they aren't always told how difficult it is, it takes time to assimilate all that information.

peter that is exactly the feelings i get from people when they talk to me about these courses. when i point out the harsh realisties they want to argue with me and think i am being negative, they often say, "but the training centre said this..........." and "you just dont want me in the trade because i am competition". None of this is true or certainly hasnt been for the last 5 years as work has been plentiful(may be different now)

I guess we have all wanted to believe something at times, fine, but sit back and think, as you say they are often sat in a classroom before they know it, you need time to reflect on options

maybe knew he wouldnt complete and cut his losses?

BTSC UK still trading, but what they are saying is BTSC EUROPE is a different company nothing to do with them! When you sign with BTSC EUROPE they were giving Job Replacement contract which was %100 job replacement, and when you finish the course, you ask for job replacement, and they advice to contact David Randall from BTSC careers and all he does keep sending cv back, asking to change bits on it or add something more, it takes more than a month to make a cv, and when all finish and he is short of ideas to waste more time , he is asking if you want to work in a warehouse till you find a job or different career, and after paying thousands of pounds to change a career and finish all course, some muppet comes from BTSC careers and tell you to work in warehouse. Just a big joke. And the other thing is that David Randall is working for BTSC UK.
My advice for people who look for training centre to search about place more, read every sentence in the contract and allways pay with credit card. If they can't give the service what you signed for, you can allways get your money back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to BTSC has gone into Administration in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock