Search the forum,

Discuss BT Openreach cold calling scam. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

gmartine

Esteemed
Gas Engineer
I received a call today from BT Openreach saying my broadband would be cut off as they'd detected some unusually activity from my IP address. Slight panic what do I do?

Well the usual thing is they get you to speed test your connection and suggest it was being compromised and then install Team Viewer so they can get access and look around your system. I said my broadband speed looks fine but can you tell me who my ISP is and my account number....click.

How to spot if you've been contacted by a broadband phone scammer

I’ve been having them for ages I’m now begging them to actually turn it off good luck :D

Also ignore the there shutting down your bt mail service if you don’t respond

BT Openreach dont deal with the end customer, they will never ring you up.

Correct, had a similar call quite a few years ago when my young lad took it and was taken in. He finally realized what was going on when he could see the caller going through an album of family pictures so terminated the connection.

Reply to BT Openreach cold calling scam. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock