Search the forum,

Discuss Bsxi wall heater removal in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi can anyone tell me how I can remove the pipe fitting from the connection. Is it the silver nut above the isolator valve I need to undo or the brass nut just above the pipe connection.

Thanks

Has the gas been isolated ?

Only from the isolator that you see on the photos.
[automerge]1592813266[/automerge]
I want to take it if the wall but the pipework is connected to the isolator
[automerge]1592813285[/automerge]
I want to take it if the wall but the pipework is connected to the isolator
[automerge]1592814166[/automerge]
Reloading photos in case they didn't show on original post
[automerge]1592816851[/automerge]
Not quite sure of your message

Attachments

• 15928140832436303343630931861644.jpg
    15928140832436303343630931861644.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 15928141371078713345784841811617.jpg
    15928141371078713345784841811617.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Best get a gas safe engy to Decom the heater then you can remove the unit

That's my intention but I need yo get the flue our of the wall and appliance off the wall. The only thing left would be to get the gas pipe blanked off. Hence just need to k ow how to separate the gas supy pipe (from isolator valve) to the heater as per the photo

You need to have the gas supply disconnect, capped and tested by a gas safe engineer. Then you can DIY remove the heater.

So why is there an isolator valve there. Surely turning this off and then undoing the pipework will leave a closed valve, I can then remove the heater and get someone on to cap off the pipework.
Will that not work?

So why is there an isolator valve there. Surely turning this off and then undoing the pipework will leave a closed valve, I can then remove the heater and get someone on to cap off the pipework.
Will that not work?
No that’s not allowed.
The isolator is for the gas engineer to work on the appliance.
What you describe is classed as an open end and the national grid would come and cap your gas meter or dig up the road and cut off your supply.
It won’t cost much to get it done properly and safely,

Should be under £100 depending on where you are

Post your location here, someone might be local.
Or type your postcode into the gas safe register website for local engineers

Any where between £1 and£99 then.given the straightforward nature of the termination I would assume that a passing journey to and from another job would command a price of around £20. Ringing a plumber to specifically come round to do this job on a certain day and time automatically esculates the price and will be fitted in as I have said beforehand, from another job.

You have a low opinion of our profession, try not to let that show when one of us helps you out by safely terminating your gas supply.

But it's OK for one of your profession to be sarcastic without redress from the same profession, I was merely making the point that not all jobs require premium charges. At the end of the day fear and scare mongering (digging up my main supply outside my house and capping off my gas, therefore the kids will starve etc etc etc) will and cannot justify prices which are not in line with the job that requires doing. I reasonable price for a readonable size job is all that customers ask for.

I wasn’t scaremongering.
You descibed an ‘immediately dangerous’ gas situation.
If the national grid are called to attend this, they will cap your gas meter or if no access they will dig up the road to cut you off. It’s for yours and your neighbours safety.

Please read the history of the thread, the only thing that has come off the gas appliance is the cover.
Now that your on, how much would you charge for capping off the gas pipe below the isolator valve, close as possible to the finished floor?

Please read the history of the thread, the only thing that has come off the gas appliance is the cover.
Now that your on, how much would you charge for capping off the gas pipe below the isolator valve, close as possible to the finished floor?
You were asking about disconnect after the isolation valve though, leaving an open end.
I have a minimum charge of £60. It may sound like a lot for an hours work but it’s impossible to make a days wage and cover overheads by doing jobs for £20. I have tried it and quickly realised I was better off employed.

Now that your on, how much would you charge for capping off the gas pipe below the isolator valve, close as possible to the finished floor?[/QUOTE]
You were asking about disconnect after the isolation valve though, leaving an open end.
I have a minimum charge of £60. It may sound like a lot for an hours work but it’s impossible to make a days wage and cover overheads by doing jobs for £20. I have tried it and quickly realised I was better off employed.
You are charging the same price as a company with fleets of service vehicles, secretary to answer calls and a depot to run. How is that comparable.

Like you say for an hours work will be £60 to make a living surely then you must have other work to earn a readonable living or is reasonable not allowed.

But unlikel Scott those have many engineers let’s say 10 so that’s generating £600 per hour hence the capital for office staff etc

thread closed op has he’s options

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bsxi wall heater removal in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock