Search the forum,

Discuss Brushless tools now at Lidl in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Best

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Lidl in my region are selling (from tomorrow) brushless 20 volt combi drill, circular saw and angle grinder.
I believe they all come supplied each with a 5 ah battery and charger and all with 5 year warranty
The combi drill is £69.99 and the other tools are £99.99.
Not a lot of money (Hilti battery would cost as much!).
Might be of interest to those of you who don’t care about brand

Just noticed Lidl say “Our best performance power tools to date”

Be like rocking horse sh!te. Can never get hold of anything out of Aldi or lidl.

They're on the German Lidl site but can't find anything in the UK, will try and pop in tomorrow as they usually announce what deals they have coming up.

My thoughts are they have a brushless motor which will have longer life and longer working time on battery and give higher power etc, - but the rest of the tool like gearbox, shaft, chuck would need to be tough enough.
Parkside seem to decent though, so everything looks promising for these much higher quality tools

5 year warranty not to be sniffed at.

Yes, incredible! Don’t think any other brand will match that. Brushless tools including 5.0 ah battery and charger with 5 year warranty and for little money.
If I hadn’t already got most cordless tools, I would buy all 3 of Lidl’s brushless tools. It also wouldn’t surprise me if they sell spare batteries that they will be cheap.

Yes, incredible! Don’t think any other brand will match that. Brushless tools including 5.0 ah battery and charger with 5 year warranty and for little money.
If I hadn’t already got most cordless tools, I would buy all 3 of Lidl’s brushless tools. It also wouldn’t surprise me if they sell spare batteries that they will be cheap.

Just bear in mind that their warranties normally have a DIY use only get out clause, would assume these do to.

Just bear in mind that their warranties normally have a DIY use only get out clause, would assume these do to.

That is correct. Still shows a confidence in the product though to give 5 year warranty. Am sure it will say it won’t cover a lot of things though.
I don’t use most power tools on a daily basis, so they should last similar to what would be considered diy enthusiast use.

As long as they are 5.0 ah

Just demonstrates how we, once again, are being screwed by the brands... Bosch 3 years for only £300 - bargain! :mad::mad::mad:

Had a look in my Lidl store today and the brushless combi drill has a 2.5 ah battery.
Combi has 60 Nm maximum torque.
All tools come in nice cases with metal locks.
Think drill has metal chuck, but I couldn’t open boxes because inside part sealed cardboard boxes.

The angle grinder and circular saw both come with 5.0 ah batteries.
Circular saw does not include saw blade, but only £4.99 for choice of blades.

I notice the impressive claimed % increase in power, run time, motor life, etc, is based on comparison with Parkside equivalent ordinary tools.

don't be to swayed by the brushless hype, my brushed 6 piece lxt gear is 10 years old and still going strong not a problem with any of the tools.
after talking to two tool reps and the local service agent i was advised to keep my old kit if its still going, and the claims of 50% extra battery life is laughable

I have plenty of tools that still perform very well with their brushed motors but my brushless gear is a superior tech for obvious reasons, why would tool reps that make their living selling tools tell you otherwise?

I have plenty of tools that still perform very well with their brushed motors but my brushless gear is a superior tech for obvious reasons, why would tool reps that make their living selling tools tell you otherwise?

My guess is the point they were making is that the improvements/performance gains are marginal and not sufficient to warrant chucking out gear that is still working.

Perhaps in that case, still I think we (of a certain generation) forget how it used to be with batteries dying on their arse overnight or mid-job and drills with batteries as heavy as sledge hammers.

Bought a DeWalt 6 piece 11 years ago, only problem is the 2amp batteries draining fast, tried to get a couple of 'new' ones only to find they had been new in storage for 7 years, one failed fast. So limping along on 3 batteries now. Only the grinder rally chews them up. Otherwise, other than replacing a gear in the sds, and drill - oh and impact skips sometimes, they were an excellent investment!

Bought a DeWalt 6 piece 11 years ago, only problem is the 2amp batteries draining fast, tried to get a couple of 'new' ones only to find they had been new in storage for 7 years, one failed fast. So limping along on 3 batteries now. Only the grinder rally chews them up. Otherwise, other than replacing a gear in the sds, and drill - oh and impact skips sometimes, they were an excellent investment!
This brush is the same brush I've at for 20 years, it's had two new handles and....

(I'll get me coat) :D

Exactly... I had a Wickes heavy duty Combi about ten yrs ago... came with a 3 yr guarantee. When I bought it, the sales assistant said (wish I'd recorded it!) "If it develops a fault anytime within three yrs, we'll simply replace it..." Just over two years later, the motor packed in. Took it down to Wickes and they laughed when I repeated what I'd been told two years earlier. They took it in for repair under guarantee. Three weeks later I called in at the store to see what the outcome was. "Well, the manufacturer says it's wear and tear. They've quoted £95 to repair it." Needless to say, I told them where to stick it. 3 year/5year/10year/lifetime "guarantees" aren't worth the paper they're written on. I only ever buy Makita now. They do come with guarantees - but I've never heard of anyone actually having to claim on one. If you're a DIYer and only use your power tools infrequently, and only for light work, then the cheapos like this are cost effective, up to a point. That's all that can be said in favour, because really, they're not up to the job.

Exactly... I had a Wickes heavy duty Combi about ten yrs ago... came with a 3 yr guarantee. When I bought it, the sales assistant said (wish I'd recorded it!) "If it develops a fault anytime within three yrs, we'll simply replace it..." Just over two years later, the motor packed in. Took it down to Wickes and they laughed when I repeated what I'd been told two years earlier. They took it in for repair under guarantee. Three weeks later I called in at the store to see what the outcome was. "Well, the manufacturer says it's wear and tear. They've quoted £95 to repair it." Needless to say, I told them where to stick it. 3 year/5year/10year/lifetime "guarantees" aren't worth the paper they're written on. I only ever buy Makita now. They do come with guarantees - but I've never heard of anyone actually having to claim on one. If you're a DIYer and only use your power tools infrequently, and only for light work, then the cheapos like this are cost effective, up to a point. That's all that can be said in favour, because really, they're not up to the job.

Must admit I am wary of buying Parkside tools, but the brushless tools do seem good value. I probably would have bought some if I hadn’t already plenty of the equivalent in pro gear.
Dented my confidence after I bought a Lidl battery garden trimmer and it failed after a few hours use and had to be returned.
But I notice that some cheaper brands have become generally much better quality and compete well against pro tools

Spot on post that is.

I am of the same thinking.

If you can get away with one of them for 12 months and then it packs in, that might be cheaper. But I wouldn't ever take anything back under any warranty under 200 quid. The cost of posting them around is more than they become worth after 12 months.

I hate buying second hand tools. Most must be stolen. Who sells a good make tool?!

I'd give them family members who are in need before selling them on. I get them back if I want use them again then.

I'd love know the number of stolen tools on eBay.

Reply to Brushless tools now at Lidl in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock