Search the forum,

Discuss Broken pipe outside in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi folks,

I have this broken pipe outside and just wondered what the best way to fix it, I’m kinda assuming I have to put another pipe inside and seal it somehow, but not sure 😕

Thanks for any help, hope it isn’t too much of a big job.

Attachments

• 7B19A9AF-FB01-4096-B04A-F7805CBBD617.jpeg
    7B19A9AF-FB01-4096-B04A-F7805CBBD617.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 33
  • 043C8ACA-74E4-4F22-A2BA-5D13EB786665.jpeg
    043C8ACA-74E4-4F22-A2BA-5D13EB786665.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 33
You will need to trace that pipe inside the property where hopefully you will find a joint just the otherside of the wall and start from there to the outside.
Looks like Push-Fit connections so easy for you to work with, has it been painted black?

Hmmm just looked in the kitchen and seems like I would have to remove all the fitted kitchen unit just to try and trace the pipe, is there a temp fix I could do from the outside?
I don`t see how, there is nothing there to connect to. Isn`t there an elbow inside directing the pipe through the wall? Being push-fit they simply push together with a rubber seal to err, seal the joint. if you need to cut the pipe there is straight connector available.

Unfortunately it does have water coming out, seems like the dishwasher, only problem is that the house we moved into has a fitted kitchen so I can’t seem to get to the pipe with making a bit of a mess, but I think that might be our only option 😕

Reply to Broken pipe outside in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

60's ranch, with single bathroom. Tile over concrete slab. Toilet is about a foot from exterior brick wall. Vent pipe is in interior wall behind toilet. There's a concrete patio outside the bathroom, that extends about 10 feet from the wall. I'm considering adding an ADU in the back yard, and it...
Replies
Views
Hello guys, a couple of months back I installed a new shower and sink into a part of the house that hadn't previously been plumbed in. This forced me to run some pipes outside the walls, so I put in stopcocks at the point where the new pipework joins the old Just In Case. I used copper pipe and...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Not sure if it's a plumbers job or another trade but thought I'd ask. I am installing a new toilet downstairs next to an outside wall. There is a 3 way inspection/access chamber about 1.5 metres outside this point which I plan on going into. It has one inlet in use from the upstairs WC...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My partner and I recently bought a house and have been attempting to make the bathroom less fugly. I was removing the bath and shower taps to replace, but while removing the bath spout (which had no nut to undo), the threaded section of the pipe broke. I thought the bit that broke must...
Replies
Views
Need some advice, neighbors sewer drain keeps blocking up every few months. My wife and I have always chipped in with the other three neighbors for unclogging tho we never experience ours clogging up. Sure we had it clog up once and had it blown out with high pressure water from local plumber...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock