Search the forum,

Discuss Broken gas-meter box catch in the Canada area at PlumbersForums.net

First post on the new forum and a belated thanks to admins for keeping my details this long so I could sign in :)

It's one of those "where do I post it" questions but since there's a gas meter question already, I'll add this one.

Our gas meter is a "British Gas Mk II Built-in" meter box. The lock "pin" (the triangular bit used to open the box) is plastic and has been rounded off so the standard key no longer works. The hinges don't look as if they can be easily removed, so I don't really want to change the door (assuming I could get one). The lock is plastic, so could probably be removed fairly easily, so I'd like to just replace that.

Any idea where I might be able to buy just the lock? Really don't want to have to pay British Gas to fit a new box :eek:

First post on the new forum and a belated thanks to admins for keeping my details this long so I could sign in :)

It's one of those "where do I post it" questions but since there's a gas meter question already, I'll add this one.

Our gas meter is a "British Gas Mk II Built-in" meter box. The lock "pin" (the triangular bit used to open the box) is plastic and has been rounded off so the standard key no longer works. The hinges don't look as if they can be easily removed, so I don't really want to change the door (assuming I could get one). The lock is plastic, so could probably be removed fairly easily, so I'd like to just replace that.

Any idea where I might be able to buy just the lock? Really don't want to have to pay British Gas to fit a new box :eek:
Google 'Gas Meter box lock'. you will find options. I think it s known as a cam lock.

Reply to Broken gas-meter box catch in the Canada area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a gas warning notice for at risk as the outside wall meter box has been drilled through for the gas pipe to go horizontal straight to the boiler. The...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Thanks for taking a look at this. I currently have a massive condensation patch on the inside of my wall behind my gas meter (Pics attached.) The box lock is damaged and the seal around the enclosure has perished so ideally I would like to replace the box, however my understanding is...
Replies
Views
I have decided to remove the timber floor boards and joists as they are effected by damp and rotting. Was hoping to infill and have slab and screed floor. There is a gas servile pipe under the floor which enters the property below the joists at the front of the house and comes up under the...
Replies
Views
I live in Azerbaijan and am looking to revamp the water system in my house. The first thing is that I don't have a water meter - probably a good thing as my mother in law pours tonnes of water on the garden in summer, mostly watering weeds as she can't tell the difference from grass. But the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I currently have an external water meter (which is a sub-meter) of my neighbours meter. The mains supply runs into their garden and then splits off into my sub-meter. We are planning on building an extension near to the existing external sub-meter and I have sought advice from Yorkshire...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock