Search the forum,

Discuss Broken gas-meter box catch in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

First post on the new forum and a belated thanks to admins for keeping my details this long so I could sign in :)

It's one of those "where do I post it" questions but since there's a gas meter question already, I'll add this one.

Our gas meter is a "British Gas Mk II Built-in" meter box. The lock "pin" (the triangular bit used to open the box) is plastic and has been rounded off so the standard key no longer works. The hinges don't look as if they can be easily removed, so I don't really want to change the door (assuming I could get one). The lock is plastic, so could probably be removed fairly easily, so I'd like to just replace that.

Any idea where I might be able to buy just the lock? Really don't want to have to pay British Gas to fit a new box :eek:

First post on the new forum and a belated thanks to admins for keeping my details this long so I could sign in :)

It's one of those "where do I post it" questions but since there's a gas meter question already, I'll add this one.

Our gas meter is a "British Gas Mk II Built-in" meter box. The lock "pin" (the triangular bit used to open the box) is plastic and has been rounded off so the standard key no longer works. The hinges don't look as if they can be easily removed, so I don't really want to change the door (assuming I could get one). The lock is plastic, so could probably be removed fairly easily, so I'd like to just replace that.

Any idea where I might be able to buy just the lock? Really don't want to have to pay British Gas to fit a new box :eek:
Google 'Gas Meter box lock'. you will find options. I think it s known as a cam lock.

Reply to Broken gas-meter box catch in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock