uHeat Forum Sponsor - PlumbersForums.net - Electric and Water Underfloor Heating Systems
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Broken gas-meter box catch in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Shower Power Booster | PlumbersForums.net Official Sponsor
First post on the new forum and a belated thanks to admins for keeping my details this long so I could sign in :)

It's one of those "where do I post it" questions but since there's a gas meter question already, I'll add this one.

Our gas meter is a "British Gas Mk II Built-in" meter box. The lock "pin" (the triangular bit used to open the box) is plastic and has been rounded off so the standard key no longer works. The hinges don't look as if they can be easily removed, so I don't really want to change the door (assuming I could get one). The lock is plastic, so could probably be removed fairly easily, so I'd like to just replace that.

Any idea where I might be able to buy just the lock? Really don't want to have to pay British Gas to fit a new box :eek:

Last Plumber

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Advent Win
First post on the new forum and a belated thanks to admins for keeping my details this long so I could sign in :)

It's one of those "where do I post it" questions but since there's a gas meter question already, I'll add this one.

Our gas meter is a "British Gas Mk II Built-in" meter box. The lock "pin" (the triangular bit used to open the box) is plastic and has been rounded off so the standard key no longer works. The hinges don't look as if they can be easily removed, so I don't really want to change the door (assuming I could get one). The lock is plastic, so could probably be removed fairly easily, so I'd like to just replace that.

Any idea where I might be able to buy just the lock? Really don't want to have to pay British Gas to fit a new box :eek:
Google 'Gas Meter box lock'. you will find options. I think it s known as a cam lock.

Reply to Broken gas-meter box catch in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

Test4Less - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Power Shower Booster - Official PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Plumbing Advice - Find Plumbers Jobs
Test4Less PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Bulk Workwear - Workwear Sponsor for Plumbers Forums
uHeat Forum Sponsor - PlumbersForums.net
Corgi Direct - Plumbers Forums Sponsor
Plumbase - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Wetroom Store - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor

Plumbase - Plumbers Forum Sponsor