Search the forum,

Discuss Broken Drayton TRV4C head in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I updated an old TRV3 many years ago by using the TRV4C conversion kit including replacing the black plastic locating ring fitted in the top of the body with the support ring in the pack.

As the head has broken can this be replaced with a TRV4 head or do I need to buy another TRV4C conversion kit again? Main reason is simply cost as TRV4 can be bought for less than £20 while the kit is over £50.

Thanks for any advice.

My TRV4c has failed. I bought a TRV4 replacement but the screw connection will not fit. I am looking for a replacement as there must be non drayton ones on the market surely?

lol
Rev Shep

Reply to Broken Drayton TRV4C head in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have already updated this from a TRV3 using TRV4C conversion kit, including swapping over the black plastic locating ring fitted on the top of the body with the support ring included in the kit. Now the head has broken do I need to buy another TRV4C conversion head or will a normal TRV4 head...
Replies
Views
The situation is as follows. I have a shower enclosure which is slightly too small for the new shower tray. In a way this works to my advantage. I think. Why, because I stupidly bought 3mm wet wall panels. I didn't forsee the issues this would cause. (The panels not being thick enough to overlap...
Replies
Views
Can someone recommend an alternative to the Drayton TRV4 radstat? I have about 10 in my house but over the past few years 2 of them have failed, on one the base of the head which contains the screw thread just cracked and disintegrated and could no longer be screwed onto the body, and I have...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm getting a Tado smart heating system (have a gas combi boiler). I don't have TRVs currently, so I need to get a plumber to replace my old valves and get TRVs everywhere. So I might as well get good ones, and it doesn't really matter whether one costs €15 or €25. I found the Danfoss...
Replies
Views
Objective: I have an existing s-plan plus (see below for details) heating and hot water system, with 2 independent heating zones. There is a separate programmer and a simple room thermostat for zone 1 and programmable thermostat for zone 2. I have purchased the Drayton Wiser 3 zone kit and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock