Search the forum,

Discuss britony overrun and heating in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all, first post but so much info on here, hope you can help.

I have an old britony cobi 80 boiler which im having a couple of problems with, well one problem really.

i turn on the hot water all works fine and as it should do....
i have the room thermostat set at 25 deg, both on manual and timed...

now here is the problem, when heat is called for either by the timed or manual switch on the thermostat (honeywell cm907) the boiler fires up as it should, it heats the rads up as it should, but after say approx 15 mins the burner will go off and the room stat has only reached say 20 deg, the pump will just run and run for ever, only way to stop the pump running is either turn on the hot tap for a second or press the reset button on the boiler which it will then start the boiler back up for the heating...

i have changed both thermisters
both throttle flow switches
divertor valve
heat temp sensor on the boiler
cleaned out the heat exchanger and flushed it all through

the power board has been changed

the control board has ben changed, now this is where i am at with it.... on the control board are some jumpers and switches, which i have left to default pr info and on the web i found, but also is a connector that came with a bridgeing plug, this is where the built in clock timer plugs into which is dead and does not work, as dont really ned it as i have the honywell on the wall, if i unplug this cable to the clock( broken) it does not fire up the boiler at all, so could this wire need unplugging and the bridge put in its place?, as i dont use the inbuilt clock as its never worked

photo attached
Screen Shot 2019-11-19 at 21.08.06.png

very sorry about the long post

many thanks in advance
steve

ps the thermostat on the wall is ok as i changed this, it sounds like i have spent a lot of money but i haven't

Are you gas safe Steve ?

Are you gas safe Steve ?
Hi Shaun,
No im not a gas safe...I have a a person that is and he does any gas work for me, the only things i have done is the water side of things.

it was my gas person that was asking about the link wire as it was a while ago that the old board came out and when fitting the new one he could not remember about that link/bridge.

regards and thank you for the reply
steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to britony overrun and heating in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock