Search the forum,

Discuss British Gas UP2 Dual Programmer issues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nasreen Cullen

Hi

I recently moved into a new house that has a UP2 dual programmer.
Whilst we seem to have no issues with hot water, I cant get the central heating timer to work and the on function seems to work sporadically.

Any "a dummies guide to.." type help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Nasreen

None of our radiators heat up on the timer - I went through the settings today and despite getting a green light to show it was "on" there was no heat.
I currently have the programmer set to "on" which has worked once or twice before, but right now no heat.
Hot water is fine - its set to once - i believe and the boiler itself whilst old is working.

I did recently turn the boiler thermostat down to 2 from 3 (not sure if that would cause an issue) but all else seems ok.

Do you have a thermostat one a wall somewhere, usually in the hall way. If so is the temperature set at around 20.

Havent bled the radiators - that was on the list if a possible solution.
Havent tested with water off - tbh scared to incase water doesnt come back on, but I will try it.

And no, cant see a thermostat - I dont think there is one. There is a heat "selector" on the tank in the airing cupboard but it doesnt look like a typical thermostat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to British Gas UP2 Dual Programmer issues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock