Search the forum,

Discuss british gas test paper in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

i am going for sub contract role with bg

was just wondering if any of you have done the test paper they said 36 questions ?

any info would be great

Yes. Before you go and do it. I would find out as much as possible from other contractors as they are all moaning and leaving at the minute.

i know im just sick of repairs to be honest and they said you can commit to a 3 day week

but a can imagine just like everything in the promised contractor world it will end up hell lol

It is a good company to work for. As there is work there and they pay on time. But the selling got to me in the end. That and I was swamped with my own work. You may like it. But a lot are leaving at the minute.

Thanks for advice mate I’m just sick of dealing with advertising etc I want to just deal with job rather than customers

Around me they were advertising £21 per job. So I'd want 10 jobs a day but cant be bothered with doing that again.

Also I did it years ago I hated trying to push new boilers to someone who had a perfectly good boiler or trying to sell a £15 co alarm for something like £40 to some poor old dear who took the contract out as she didnt have a lot of money. Needless to say I didnt last long before they decided I wasn't suited to the job as I sold something like 1 co alarm in 4 months.

Bg customers expect the earth as bg promises and prides itself on exactly that. They are trusted by the most vulnerable people, elderly, disabled etc to cover their plumbing and heating and to repair it when they need them. The problem is Bg is owned by centrica, a ruthless company only interested in profit. Staff and managers are pushed 24/7 to get every penny they can, every minute they can. This is at odds with an insurance policy, the customer has the insurance policy so they don't have to shell out on repairs and parts.

Just a heads up, some of my most stressful days in the last 20 years were working for Bg, I left 10 years ago and won't work for a big company again.

If you really want to work for someone I'd try a smaller firm in your local area but that has its up and downs too.

Weren’t they sacking there subs due to there lads having not much to do / restructuring

Weren’t they sacking there subs due to there lads having not much to do / restructuring

Dont they do that quite regularly though?

I know when the company I worked for subbed me to them they were massively behind in the area then as soon as they caught up they made the excuses, I wasn't selling enough but they never said that cant remember what it was i think was i never ncs a flue which wasn't cut back to the wall and you could see 3" of flue. But about 2 months later they wanted me back the bloke from the recruitment agency said yeah they do that all the time when they fall behind they flood the place once they catch up they ditch most of them.

Dont they do that quite regularly though?

I know when the company I worked for subbed me to them they were massively behind in the area then as soon as they caught up they made the excuses, I wasn't selling enough but they never said that cant remember what it was i think was i never ncs a flue which wasn't cut back to the wall and you could see 3" of flue. But about 2 months later they wanted me back the bloke from the recruitment agency said yeah they do that all the time when they fall behind they flood the place once they catch up they ditch most of them.

Why bother doing stuff for them. Leave it let them fall behind. Then beg for engineers the rates and conditions will hopefully get better. That includes people subbing to homeserve and corgi. Homeserve have heavily invested in the parent company of corgi.

Why bother doing stuff for them. Leave it let them fall behind. Then beg for engineers the rates and conditions will hopefully get better. That includes people subbing to homeserve and corgi. Homeserve have heavily invested in the parent company of corgi.

Wasnt up to me I worked for someone back then. I wouldnt do it now though. It was hard work but i think my boss screwed me over as i was getting 7/8 back boilers a day or all boilers and fires all over brum so had to fly around.

Wasnt up to me I worked for someone back then. I wouldnt do it now though. It was hard work but i think my boss screwed me over as i was getting 7/8 back boilers a day or all boilers and fires all over brum so had to fly around.
He would have been paid per appliance.

We need our own free of charge ethics policies or work with gas safe for minimum rates of pay/ethic policies.

Woods building maintenance from Leeds do a lot a BG/ Homeserve stuff. They’re crying out for people. They pay peanuts treat their staff like crap no wonder they’re struggling to get any decent engineers the salary is advertised at £45k.

That’s why I queried it. AMG says they pay peanuts then says job is 45k - now that’s a lot of peanuts!

Thanks for advice mate I’m just sick of dealing with advertising etc I want to just deal with job rather than customers
Did you get a job with BG? I replied before, but I doubt they'll allow what I proposed as it didn't sound as I meant it.
Where are you based babes?

Reply to british gas test paper in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock