Search the forum,

Discuss British gas local heroes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Evening gents, has anyone signed up to the British gas local hero service, if you have could you give me any feed back was it worth you're time and how exactly does it work

Bit of a late reply. I signed up when I first qualified.
Not sure where you are but I'm out in the sticks and get pretty regular requests from various Insurance companies looking for engineers for adhoc jobs and they are definatley better than those.

• Customer bo0ks through the local heroes system.
  • Text sent and email to engineers/ plumbers in the area
  • Acccept or leave and reject the job ( youre in competition as a response time ) it has an outline pricing guide attached although the final is agreed with you and the customer.
  • Phone customer arrange booking / visit, quote verify with local heroes, comlete work and text app local heroes with invoice. customer recieves instantly. On you go, 14 days later you get paid minus 20% to local heroes.
The pricing system is somtimes a bit off the mark.
Sometimes customers are using you as a quote tool.
BG take the best obs, most of it is pretty routine stuff.
Most of my experience with it has been positive but a bit of a pain if you arrive and find the customer has booked elsewhwere.

Hope this helps

These online trade sites are everywhere and unless anyone has a neverending supply of work from elsewhere, these sites have become a place of getting work for many. I've been with Rated People for many years and more recently My Builder. I tend to use these sites for top up day work jobs if I'm delayed on my main work. Some customers using these sites think they exist to get bargain basement prices for jobs to be done. At least Rated People have an updated price recommendation to show customers an average price that they might pay.

Yeh I do the same with Mybuilder, don't use it very often these days but does come in handy every now and again to fill in last minute cancellations/rescheduling.

It was also really useful when I started out self employed to drum up work and ended up with a lot of word of mouth work off people I'd done jobs with initially through mybuilder. Think it sped things up over traditional advertising.

Reply to British gas local heroes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock