Search the forum,

Discuss British gas local heroes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Evening gents, has anyone signed up to the British gas local hero service, if you have could you give me any feed back was it worth you're time and how exactly does it work

Bit of a late reply. I signed up when I first qualified.
Not sure where you are but I'm out in the sticks and get pretty regular requests from various Insurance companies looking for engineers for adhoc jobs and they are definatley better than those.

• Customer bo0ks through the local heroes system.
  • Text sent and email to engineers/ plumbers in the area
  • Acccept or leave and reject the job ( youre in competition as a response time ) it has an outline pricing guide attached although the final is agreed with you and the customer.
  • Phone customer arrange booking / visit, quote verify with local heroes, comlete work and text app local heroes with invoice. customer recieves instantly. On you go, 14 days later you get paid minus 20% to local heroes.
The pricing system is somtimes a bit off the mark.
Sometimes customers are using you as a quote tool.
BG take the best obs, most of it is pretty routine stuff.
Most of my experience with it has been positive but a bit of a pain if you arrive and find the customer has booked elsewhwere.

Hope this helps

These online trade sites are everywhere and unless anyone has a neverending supply of work from elsewhere, these sites have become a place of getting work for many. I've been with Rated People for many years and more recently My Builder. I tend to use these sites for top up day work jobs if I'm delayed on my main work. Some customers using these sites think they exist to get bargain basement prices for jobs to be done. At least Rated People have an updated price recommendation to show customers an average price that they might pay.

Yeh I do the same with Mybuilder, don't use it very often these days but does come in handy every now and again to fill in last minute cancellations/rescheduling.

It was also really useful when I started out self employed to drum up work and ended up with a lot of word of mouth work off people I'd done jobs with initially through mybuilder. Think it sped things up over traditional advertising.

Reply to British gas local heroes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just been to a nightmare of a job! Had to carry out a service on the 2009 British Gas 330 + (GC: 41-019-11) It's a Glow Worm boiler. The boiler was flashing SE even before I arrived, which I assumed the service reminder needed resetting. After completing the service I contact Glow Worm to...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a gas warning notice for at risk as the outside wall meter box has been drilled through for the gas pipe to go horizontal straight to the boiler. The...
Replies
Views
British Gas servicing the above boiler ramped up the boiler to maximum in the installer menu to do flue gas analysis. They also measured the working gas pressure on the gas valve test nipple. This fell to 8mbar on maximum and 17mbar on high setting. They then removed the isolation valve under...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am involved in a local charity which is fundraising to restore a local pub into a community hub (and also a pub). The pub which is The Hop Pole in Limpley Stoke is in the middle of the village and it's been closed for about 4 years but the local community have raised enough money to buy it...
Replies
Views
Gents, It finally happened. A developer has asked for a price for the entire house to be fitted in copper with press fitting...... Does anyone have a rough idea of how much it would cost compared to plastic? Part of me wants to say double but it could be more when factioring labourt and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock