Search the forum,

Discuss British Gas instalation engineer telephone interview help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bigman121

I have a telephone interview next week for gas instalation engineer and was wondering if anyone in here can give me any help on what they ask. Thanks

You will need Power-flush pump / and electrical test equipment with BG its down to you to check system & electrics B4 you start install

I had a phone interview for service and repair back in November, they asked me questions like What do you know about British Gas? Why do you want to work here? etc. Then they asked me a few questions that they like answered in the STAR format. Give me an example of when you worked as a team to achieve a goal, an example of when you overcame a technical problem, an occasion when you gave great customer service etc. Lasted about 40 minutes, just remember to be detailed with your answers. I looked up star questions and had a few examples written out in front of me. As you're going for a different role they may ask you different questions but hopefully this will help you a bit. Worked for them for two months so far and it's been great so far. I wish you all the best mate. Any more questions just ask and I'll try my best to answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to British Gas instalation engineer telephone interview help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
Hi guys I finished my gas course in September can anyone help me i need to do 2 install and services. Am living i ln leeds west yorkshire I do appreciated for any advices . MOD* Please use the forum PM Service to contact members! Thanks!
Replies
Views
Ahmad marian
A
Hi, I'm looking for a gas engineer who I can work with so I can complete my portfolio. I have done level 2 and 3 tech cert along with bpec gas foundation and in order to progress to ACS, I have to finish my portfolio. I also want to learn plumbing along with gas so I can learn more things. I...
Replies
Views
Just an update to anyone who was following the thread on this site: Tify to gas engineer, what will it take? I got a DM from a user asking for an update, he like myself was gobsmaked at the level of abuse I got from asking a basic question. Thanks Tom for the DM, I managed to pass in 2019...
Replies
Views
Hi, A little about the business: I currently own a plumbing business (website and marketing) - looking to target residential and commercial market (i.e. tendering to main contractors flats etc). My background is a commercial manager, I use to do plumbing years back so technically I would not...
Replies
Views
Just been to a nightmare of a job! Had to carry out a service on the 2009 British Gas 330 + (GC: 41-019-11) It's a Glow Worm boiler. The boiler was flashing SE even before I arrived, which I assumed the service reminder needed resetting. After completing the service I contact Glow Worm to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock