Search the forum,

Discuss Brita Filter Tap Hose disconnected in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

D

Deleted member 110637

Hi, I hope someone can help.

Today, foolishly, I took the spout part of my 3 way Brita filter tap off - the bit that sits just above the taps. The spout was not swivelling cleanly. However what I didn't realise is that the flexible hose that comes from the filter goes all the way up the spout and pushes into a piece of plastic at the end of the spout.

Having removed the spout I can't seem to get the hose to push into the end of the spout when I replace it.

I can't seem to get the plastic bit out of the end of the spout to look closer. I've also not been able to pull any more flexible hose through the tap base (I think it's secured and I didn't really want to break it.

While the tap works OK it does empty the spout now when you turn a tap off (I think because the filtered feed is no longer separated from the non filtered feed - the filtered water used to come out the middle of the plastic at the end of the spout but now comes out in the same way as the non-filtered water).

Does anyone have any ideas of how I can re-attach the hose? Any help would be much appreciated. My googling this evening has drawn a blank :(

Here are a couple of pictures.

The full tap. The red line marks where I separated it. The yellow arrow where the plastic bit at the end of the spout it.

The other pictures attempt to show that plastic bit. The filtered water used to come out of the hole in the middle and the non filtered from around the sides. The non filtered now comes out the sides as well.

I tried to prise the plastics out but it didn’t budge and I did t want to force it.

Thanks for any suggestions.

46058D6A-3132-4D04-955D-17BABE0DE3A6.jpeg

E3FEFBA5-31D1-43B4-AB8A-C0F444A8D220.jpeg

DA9C34A5-EC51-427F-BEB7-C2024BB88484.jpeg

Sounds like you disconnected the inner tube when you removed the spout.

You should be able to put it back together, but it may easier if you remove the whole tap and have it all laid out in front of you. I had a customer who did this on a similar tap when trying to replace o-rings on the spout, then they called me to put it all right again so I know it can be done.

Sounds like you disconnected the inner tube when you removed the spout.

You should be able to put it back together, but it may easier if you remove the whole tap and have it all laid out in front of you. I had a customer who did this on a similar tap when trying to replace o-rings on the spout, then they called me to put it all right again so I know it can be done.

Any tips on getting the hose reconnected then other than removing the tap?

Cheers.

Reply to Brita Filter Tap Hose disconnected in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock