Search the forum,

Discuss Bristan TS1203 EH C Reversed Plumbing in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Old shower (20-30 years) had a Mira Excel installed that split in the inlet - not repairable from what I can see as the inlet pipe is now separated from the main body.

On removal I found a number of issues with the installation.

1) Pipes are buried in the wall and tiled over
2) Hot is Right / Cold is left
3) 155mm centres
4) No isolation valves
5) No access to plumbing under the shower unless I remove the ceiling in the dining room below (joists in the way)

Property is Edwardian and will be getting renovated next year and this shower will be removed completely as it's in a bedroom (mobility issues of a previous owner) so I'm really only looking at installing a cheap and quick fix

I located Bristan OPAC (TS1203 EH C Model) and ordered it thinking I'd just be able to take the cartridge out and rotate 180 degrees. It's just arrived and it can't!

The only mention of reversed plumbing is in the troubleshooting section where it states that if hot or cold only fix the plumbing!

I could lift a floorboard and jump hot to cold and vice versa just before the shower unit. But I was thinking that I could also install it upside down (yes the riser won't drop before climbing). The system is unvented OSO Indirect 20 RI that is heated from a Grant Oil Fired system boiler and electric.

I know it's a botch but will mounting the shower upside down work?

Can’t you reinstall an excel ?

The Excel is about £300 more than the Bristan and I just don't have it at the moment - hence me doing the job rather getting in a plumber. It's only going to be in for 2 years so needs to be cheap and cheerful and do the job

They have a 5 year warranty so might be worth speaking to bristan as it could be replaced foc

They have a 5 year warranty so might be worth speaking to bristan as it could be replaced foc
It's been in there for at least 20 years. Previous owners said it was one of the things they'd planned to take out when they bought the house 16 years ago and it already looked as though it had had a few years use!

Absolutely - it's a tank of a product just not in keeping with our planned renovations so wouldn't be used and we only need the shower to last two years before we get rid of it completely.

Reply to Bristan TS1203 EH C Reversed Plumbing in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock