Search the forum,

Discuss Bristan thermostatic mixer in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all, just installing a Bristan mixing valve.
On the hot and cold inputs it has non return valves that have a fibre washer between the NRV and the body of the valve.
Do I need to ptfe the threads as well of is the fibre washer enough?
Tried to upload a photo but there seems to be a problem with that for me today.
Tganks.
Paul.

Fibre washer is good enough

Reply to Bristan thermostatic mixer in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Bristan Shower Mixer - Please see attached photo's. Has anyone else had this issues the Hot feed seems to have a hard plastic seat attached inside the fitting , this is not in the cold fitting. The Cold will not seal when the rubber washer / Filter is fitted. See photo of the hard plastic seat...
Replies
Views
Hi All As you can see from the attached pix, the flow control knob on my Bristan shower has broken. It was installed before I bought the house (possibly between 2015 and 2017) but I've no idea what model it is. Firstly, can anyone help me to identify it to see if I can get a replacement knob...
Replies
Views
V
Hi All, Hope all are doing great. I have replaced two separate tap of my bathtub by mixer tap with thermostat. Previous with two separate tabs, water pressure was strong, but after replacing it by mixer tab with thermostat, the water pressure has lost drastically (in tab as well as shower...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
We have had an ongoing issue with low hot water temperatures in a school. During the recent repair of a leak, the plumbers isolated the hot water to fit a new bit of pipework and found that water wouldn't stop running until the cold boosted water was also isolated. Given this, it would seem...
Replies
Views
S
Hi All I had an unvented cylinder fitted about 6 years ago. It only supplies hot water to my shower. I was hoping for a much better flow rate from the shower but it seemed no different from the original combi boiler hot feed. There is (unusually) a lever that lets me select the combi or the...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock