Search the forum,

Discuss Bristan separate hot/cold Kitchen Pillar Tap Washers in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

hi
as our separate hot tap is dripping contacted Bristan to ask what washer to get as heard that depending on date bought, washers either rubber or fibre. Bristan said that they do not supply individual washers but only complete valve assemblies. sure that I have seen Bristan washers on the internet for pillar taps both rubber and fibre. Do you think that if I replaced just the washer and not the valve assembly this would cure drip. still unsure what to get, rubber or fibre but taps bought after 2006.
Many thanks

1. If your tap takes 1/4 of a turn from off to on / on to off, you will need a new cartridge.
2. If it takes multiple turns to go from on to off it will require a rubber washer. As far as I know there are no taps with flow control washers in fibre. Some do have fibre washers in their connections to the water pipework.

Reply to Bristan separate hot/cold Kitchen Pillar Tap Washers in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock