Search the forum,

Discuss Bristan Quest basin tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

defender1007

I fitted a set of these taps two years ago and now the cold tap is dripping.I have a replacement cartridge ready to fit. Problem being that I cannot remove the lever handle to get to the cartridge. I know it is push/pull fit as iI removed it when fitting but just cannot get it to budge now. I have tried levering off with a thin screwdriver blade, no joy and am concerned something will break. Any suggestions how to proceed (prior to removing the entire tap)

there is a little plastic cap below the lever at the front of the tap. you need to remove this and slacken off the grubscrew with an allen key before trying to remove the lever

There is no grub screw on this tap. The Bristan installation paperwork says that to replace a cartridge just pull the tap head off to access the cartridge. The diagram shows the tap head sits on a plastic shroud that screws to the cartridge centre spline. The problem is that I cannot get the tap head to slide off the plastic shroud. I am coming to the conclusion that this maybe a two man job.One to hold the tap while the other uses brute force to remove tap cover

i think i was getting my bristan taps mixed up. No chance of squirting a bit of wd40 in with a straw?

If it's that difficult to remove, take the tap off. You will be able to get a proper look at it then. As mentioned above, try a squirt of wd40 - that should free it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bristan Quest basin tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock