Search the forum,

Discuss Bristan Orta basin tap Help. in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a bristan orta hot water basin tap under warranty that has a drip issue having finally received the replacement valve I removed the tap top to get at the faulty valve. That's when the problem began I am unable to remove the old valve it is completely seized into the body. Any ideas how to remove or do I buy a new tap?
I do live in a hard water area, also what's the best tool for working underneath a wash hand basin (restricted room) to hold a tap in place whilst tightening or undoing

I have a bristan orta hot water basin tap under warranty that has a drip issue having finally received the replacement valve I removed the tap top to get at the faulty valve. That's when the problem began I am unable to remove the old valve it is completely seized into the body. Any ideas how to remove or do I buy a new tap?
I do live in a hard water area, also what's the best tool for working underneath a wash hand basin (restricted room) to hold a tap in place whilst tightening or undoing

Hi did your Bristan tap have a grub screw? I currently have a leak in my Bristan Quest bath shower mixer tap but the issue is there isn’t a grub screw to access the cartridge, how did you access your cartridge?

Moinul

Hi did your Bristan tap have a grub screw? I currently have a leak in my Bristan Quest bath shower mixer tap but the issue is there isn’t a grub screw to access the cartridge, how did you access your cartridge?

Moinul
Did you remove the little chrome coloured plug at the back? It is an Allen key not a screw. It will be there. If you turn the water supplies off and 1/4 turn the handle you might see better.

You could try an alternative to WD40 ie Faren F4 Plus which my slightly nerdish materials supplier thinks is superior.

Another product you could try is Kilrock Gel This being a strong descaling product.

Another thing to try is to apply heat. If its a mixer you can do this by turning the lever to supply just hot. Alternatively or also pour some boiling hot water over the cartridge and area around the cartridge. You could also apply a blowtorch but there is risk here wiith damaging the chrome!

Reply to Bristan Orta basin tap Help. in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock