Search the forum,

Discuss Bristan mixer bar shower leaking from the temperature control in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I installed a Bristan mixer bar shower about two and-a-half-years ago. I have recently noticed that immediately after the shower has been used, it drips from where temperature control knob turns. I attach a photo. The temperature control is on the right-hand side. The drips last for about 20secs, then they stop and no more dripping until the shower is next used. I never used to see this before. Maybe the bar is emptying itself?

I'd be grateful if someone could advise.

Attachments

• P1030467.JPG
    P1030467.JPG
    320.9 KB · Views: 8

Reply to Bristan mixer bar shower leaking from the temperature control in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
Hi All As you can see from the attached pix, the flow control knob on my Bristan shower has broken. It was installed before I bought the house (possibly between 2015 and 2017) but I've no idea what model it is. Firstly, can anyone help me to identify it to see if I can get a replacement knob...
Replies
Views
hello all, happy new year! i hope i have posted this in the right section i have a shower bar mixer. the shower runs luke warm. a quick google search showed some ideas on how to adjust it. i tried adjusting it and it didn't change the temp. when i adjusted it the other way to test the cold...
Replies
Views
I recently had a plumber come over to look at a badly leaking shower head. As best I can recall, he described the problem as a crack in the bridge of the cold water pipe and explained that there were two options: 1. Get into the wall with a jackhammer to fix the problem; or 2. Install one of...
Replies
Views
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated house (4 bathrooms is tragic). Current set up is: A hot/cold mixer in the main ensuite which is ok as long as you don't run anything else. One electric...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock