Search the forum,

Discuss Bristan Echo kitchen mixer lever screw. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Sounds simple but this is causing some aggro. I can't release one of the screws which holds the levers in place. It has a domed/pan combined crosshead/flat blade head and has been in place for some seven years. The water around here is quite aggressive and causes a lot of scale so I guess the screw is stuck with this. I don't want to chew up the screw any more than I can help of course. Any tips for releasing it ? This could apply to any tap lever or handle held in place with a similar screw. Thanks. Alan

I had one only last week. The screw was so balled corroded in I had to change the whole tap.

If you have time, you can try somehow immersing it in descaler, using some WD40 or some PlusGas. If you can't immerse it then try using a well fitting screwdriver bit in an impact driver keeping huge pressure on the tip so it doesn't cam out.

Sounds simple but this is causing some aggro. I can't release one of the screws which holds the levers in place. It has a domed/pan combined crosshead/flat blade head and has been in place for some seven years. The water around here is quite aggressive and causes a lot of scale so I guess the screw is stuck with this. I don't want to chew up the screw any more than I can help of course. Any tips for releasing it ? This could apply to any tap lever or handle held in place with a similar screw. Thanks. Alan

Sometimes what has worked for me is using a decent pozidrive screwdriver, in the screw and gently tap (not like a girl though) with a hammer.

Reply to Bristan Echo kitchen mixer lever screw. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock