• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today!

Discuss Bristan Echo kitchen mixer lever screw. in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

ACJM

Reaction score
Sounds simple but this is causing some aggro. I can't release one of the screws which holds the levers in place. It has a domed/pan combined crosshead/flat blade head and has been in place for some seven years. The water around here is quite aggressive and causes a lot of scale so I guess the screw is stuck with this. I don't want to chew up the screw any more than I can help of course. Any tips for releasing it ? This could apply to any tap lever or handle held in place with a similar screw. Thanks. Alan

YorkshireDave

Plumber
Reaction score
I had one only last week. The screw was so balled corroded in I had to change the whole tap.

If you have time, you can try somehow immersing it in descaler, using some WD40 or some PlusGas. If you can't immerse it then try using a well fitting screwdriver bit in an impact driver keeping huge pressure on the tip so it doesn't cam out.

CBW1982

Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
Sounds simple but this is causing some aggro. I can't release one of the screws which holds the levers in place. It has a domed/pan combined crosshead/flat blade head and has been in place for some seven years. The water around here is quite aggressive and causes a lot of scale so I guess the screw is stuck with this. I don't want to chew up the screw any more than I can help of course. Any tips for releasing it ? This could apply to any tap lever or handle held in place with a similar screw. Thanks. Alan
Sometimes what has worked for me is using a decent pozidrive screwdriver, in the screw and gently tap (not like a girl though) with a hammer.

Forum Sponsors

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers - Plumb Advice

Plumbase - Plumbing Parts for Plumbers - Plumbers Advice

Power Shower Booster for Power Showers - Plumbing Advice

Underflor Heating Systems by uHeat - Plumbing Advice

Wetroom Supplies by Wetroom Store

Nicobond - Wetroom and Tiling Supplies - Plumbers Installation Advice

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers - Advice for Plumbers

Do you have a DAB radio for work?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.