Search the forum,

Discuss Bristan Bridgedeck mixer tap set problem in Australia! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Australia
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Aussie Kitchen

Hi,
I've a problem with the tap listed above. Bought it in 2002. Local supplier says I can't get tap washers for it anymore and should BUY a whole new tap set. NO $$ for that right now.
The HOT tap spindle is now worn so much that it spins right round 360 degrees and wont close. I lubed the cold spindle to the max before reinstalling.
I have contacted Bristan UK, and am waiting for a response.
Fingers crossed they have some old stock of a hot tap body & spindle , but I just wanted to ask the trade in UK if anyone could help with a contact that may have some of these "older" parts in a box somewhere..
Thanks,
Philip
Melbourne Australia

Hi and welcome to the forum. It'd help if you posted a photo of the tap as there are many bridge type deck mixers in the Bristan range!

If you can post photos of the tap internals that'd help a lot as well.

We have a member (oz plumber) who may be able to offer some local advise.

You have already done the right thing in contacting Bristan. Just hold tight and I am sure they will get you sorted.

/Users/photosmith/Downloads/Hot Tap.jpg /Users/photosmith/Downloads/Cold TAP Spindle.jpg
Thanks for your responses,

Does this add a picture?

Last edited by a moderator:
If your after the brass tap insert then go on line, I get mine from a UK based company but you might get one nearer to you!

Cold TAP Spindle.jpgHot Tap.jpg

The thread at arrow 1 , on the hot side is stripped to the point it just spins 360 degrees, this cold one is OK. point 2 is where I added a stainless washer to thicken the washer closer to the original.
So I need a whole new tap body as well on the hot side.
The reply from Bristan was ;

"Unfortunately, we do not recognise the product as being of our manufacture. However it could also be the age of the valve that we do not recognise as we do not have any spares pre 2004. We are sorry that we are unable to help on this occasion."

I found the installation instructions and it IS a Bristan product.

So I'm not very happy and wonder if there's a stockist over there who may have a box of parts.?

Any Help appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have a member (oz plumber) who may be able to offer some local advise.

Unfortunately - I am unable to offer any local advice.

I have never seen a spindle of that configuration.

I have never seen a spindle of that configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bristan Bridgedeck mixer tap set problem in Australia! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock