Search the forum,

Discuss Brazing Copper to Brass Flanges in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi again. Another few obvious questions for those who know the answers I'm sure :)

1.) Is there a maximum pipe diameter where fittings can be soldered before it stops working?

2.) For brazing as opposed to soldering, what filler would you use to join copper to brass? Also what flux do you use please?

Am looking at an easy way to join copper to brass flanges in house and brazing seems a lot easier than welding!

I'm assuming a normal Superfire blowtorch with MAP gas will be fine for brazing?

Thanks for putting up with my questions. I feel like I'm learning plumbing all over again moving to larger commercial systems from domestic.

press all day long and no map wont be the best

nope

normally brazing rods eg bronze etc but you have to be careful on potable water need special ones special flux as well

oxy acet you will need

I dont like to solder above 42mm

As Shaun says oxy-acetaline needed, no flux just a good clean up of pipe and fitting and silver solder rods. CP4 rings a bell

Thanks all. We have a pressing kit (REMS with XPress heads) and I noticed they do pressed flange kits. Just seem stupidly expensive but I guess I'm not paying for them!

I dont like to solder above 42mm

As Shaun says oxy-acetaline needed, no flux just a good clean up of pipe and fitting and silver solder rods. CP4 rings a bell

normally dont use any flux on copper to copper joints but like some on copper to brass ones

Thanks all. We have a pressing kit (REMS with XPress heads) and I noticed they do pressed flange kits. Just seem stupidly expensive but I guess I'm not paying for them!

better than trying to get them to sign off on hot works permits etc

have a look at female iron flanges

Might just use our pressing kit tbh. Where do you buy Yorkshire Xpress from to get decent prices??

bss normally

Brill thanks all. Much cheaper than I found before :)

At those prices it's not worth brazing is it.

Brill thanks all. Much cheaper than I found before :)

At those prices it's not worth brazing is it.

no not worth the paperwork and hour to two standing around

bss are normally 10% cheaper but collister is only up the road from me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Brazing Copper to Brass Flanges in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock