Search the forum,

Discuss Brass tap screw giving problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I've got to replace a washer on a leaking sink tap but the screw I need to remove is stuck fast and I'm going to wreck the head if I'm not careful. Any ideas on how to get it out without taking the tap out? Ar there screw removal tools you can buy for such small screws? Many thanks.

Try undoing the shroud without bothering with the handle. If you have a thin wrench this will slip under and you'll be able to undo the main nut of the tap. The last taps I tackled I didn't even bother trying to remove the handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Brass tap screw giving problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Have a sink basin tap photo attached and need to replace the heads as behind they have cracked. Any idea where I can get replacement tap head covers only need to change the tap head covers really Problem is the old tap head covers wont turn! Any ideas please? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, i have a dripping hot tap on Bramham mono sink basin. I’ve replaced washer several times and can’t remove the tap head to deal with the cartridge. It is a screw cap cover but no additional screw underneath to release tap head. Thankyou
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
I am trying to replace the cartridge for a waterfall tap (mixer mono) for the bathroom sink, I have run into a problem whereby I cannot remove the cartridge as the usual 32mm nut is recessed and I cannot get to it. The tap is from screwfix ( NIAGARA WATERFALL BASIN MONO MIXER TAP) I have...
Replies
Views
Hi, I was hoping someone might be able to help with this. The tap is a Bristan RS BAS C, the hot tap has been leaking and I've trying to get the tap off to clean the cartridges, but cant get the sphere at the end off there. Looking at the diagram, it seems that you should be able to pop the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am trying to replace my washers but on one tap the screw I can’t remove and the second. Removed screw but I can’t pull of the handle :/ Does anyone have Any ideas ? Kind regards
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock