Search the forum,

Discuss Brass fitting, help needed to identifi the thread type in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello everyone, i hope someone can help me out.
i,m trying to reuse an old wrap around boiler and i have run into a snag.

to cut a long story short, there is 4 X 22mm brass fittings on the boiler so i bought a 22mm straight brass coupling to test. fits as it should on one fitting on the boiler (hot water return) but the other fittings on the boiler appear to be the same size but have a different thread and wont screw on . can anybody give me advice on this. thanks

Any chance of a few pics of the boiler ?

Attachments

• IMG-20170120-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20170120-WA0001.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG-20170120-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20170120-WA0004.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG-20170120-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20170120-WA0003.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 43
Hard to say from those photos. The threads on the old fitting look to me to be normal threads, not fine like on old Kuterlite.
Why not just remove the old fittings and renew with whatever new fittings you need - straight male or bent male fittings?
Usually the male tappings on boiler will be 1" thread, so you will normally need 1"x 22mm or for gravity pipes 1" x 28mm fittings.
Good luck with using a second hand back boiler! I wouldn't trust them

You need a female 3/4" -22mm compression joint for that 2nd picture & the one you have already in picture 1 is a male 3/4"-22mm compression.

Are you sure it is 3/4" tapping on boiler? Normally 1" as it has to be on a solid fuel boiler that heats rads etc. Have to be 28mm gravity pipework, so has to be 1" tapping

Are you sure it is 3/4" tapping on boiler? Normally 1" as it has to be on a solid fuel boiler that heats rads etc. Have to be 28mm gravity pipework, so has to be 1" tapping

Quite right Best, hard to tell on the pictures it will probably be 1" on the boiler tappings, I just thought that in picture 1 the tapping has what looks like 1" bush in it reducing it to 3/4 and the elbow in picture 2 has a 1" male reducing to 3/4" male but without being there to measure you're right cant be 100% sure.

Quite right Best, hard to tell on the pictures it will probably be 1" on the boiler tappings, I just thought that in picture 1 the tapping has what looks like 1" bush in it reducing it to 3/4 and the elbow in picture 2 has a 1" male reducing to 3/4" male but without being there to measure you're right cant be 100% sure.

Same here. don't forget to fit an ABV and pressure PRV as well, if it's a pumped system :)

Are you OFTEC (other competency schemes are available) trained? If not, who's going to commission it and get your BC notice?

Same here. don't forget to fit an ABV and pressure PRV as well, if it's a pumped system :)

Are you OFTEC (other competency schemes are available) trained? If not, who's going to commission it and get your BC notice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Brass fitting, help needed to identifi the thread type in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock