Search the forum,

Discuss Brand New To Forum Hoping For Help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Best. I've popped it in my basket for when it comes to changing valves.
I would point out though that it only does 15mm and up, not under, so no 10mm etc.
It certainly seems better to have one of those than a purely dedicated width as you say.

Im also looking to move some pipes around. Could you suggest a cheap but good blow torch system. I see you can get heads that screw on to cans but the heads vary widely in price.

Im hoping for something around £25?

P.s where in the uk are you based roughly?
Have you soldered before

Have you soldered before

Hey Riley.

Yes I have I'm into Arduino's and robotics. Im also aware of how to prepare a copper pipe and how to join them using solder and osmoses. If i;ve got the correct term, i.e allowing the solder to be sucked up into the joint by itself.

I'd probably do a test piece first and put it under some sort of pressure to check for leaks in my method but other than that I don't see it being as much of a problem as say not flooding the house (i.e correctly draining the system or leaving a bleed valve open on refiling).

Thanks Best. I've popped it in my basket for when it comes to changing valves.
I would point out though that it only does 15mm and up, not under, so no 10mm etc.
It certainly seems better to have one of those than a purely dedicated width as you say.

Im also looking to move some pipes around. Could you suggest a cheap but good blow torch system. I see you can get heads that screw on to cans but the heads vary widely in price.

Im hoping for something around £25?

P.s where in the uk are you based roughly?

I am in the Best place. :)
Northern Ireland.
To answer your question of what would be a good cheap blow torch, - truth is you probably need to pay a bit more to get a "good" torch.
The Rothenberger Surefire 2 is what most plumbers recommend. It is reliable and produces a small powerful flame and doesn't flare up. Probably cost you about £50 for the bare torch. Or you can buy it in a Rothenberger choice of plumbing tool kits for little more, making that a better option in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Brand New To Forum Hoping For Help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

my bathroom sink (installed 2017) was broken recently and needs replacing. on inspection there is no brand name and only a few markings so I'm guessing its a trade sink that plumbers would buy. The sink has 1708 indented in the china which i guess is a model number but doesnt show up on google...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I need to replace a radiator in the kitchen, the 10mm copper has split so using this opertunaty to replace it with a towel one and also need to remove both valves and make the pipes shorter. Its a gravity fed system and the last radiator in the system , I have a bung kit, i know i can...
Replies
Views
I want to swap a K1 radiator with a P+, the same size on a combi system. Can i turn off both valves, remove the existing radiator, put the new one on the existing brackets, and reconnect the existing valves, and then top up. Would draining the entire system be necessary? If draining is not...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My daughter's place has a small water leak on a ground floor radiator valve. The radiator pipework is small diameter.i.e 8 or 10 mm. A plumber is coming back in a day or so to make necessary repairs. I am a little concerned as the house has a Boilermate 2000 on the upper floor and the...
Replies
Views
Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm Birmingham Area Initial problem Burst pipe underground in bathroom, concrete. Have had this dug up & made safe for now, have had affected pipe cut & put end caps on. Work required Full bathroom remove old tiles walls and floor. Renew tiling. New...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock