Search the forum,

Discuss Brand new shower mixer valve not switching off in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Installed a victorian plumb shower valve and tested last night, on and off no problem. Tested againg tonight and it came on but wont switch off.

Contacted victorian plumb and have to wait up to 72 hours for a reply.

Any ideas on what I can try as weve been without a shower for over a week now and really need to get on with this installation, Ive still got to tank, fit panels and shower enclosure druing "after work hours".

Many thanks

I have a combi mate, I have just had a look inside the valve and found a piece of the casting wedged inside the valve stopping it from closing fully.

I removed it and all is now well.

Thanks for replying though mate, felt really stuck before

I have a combi mate, I have just had a look inside the valve and found a piece of the casting wedged inside the valve stopping it from closing fully.

I removed it and all is now well.

Thanks for replying though mate, felt really stuck before
No worries, glad you got it sorted.

I’m not a fan of Victorian Plumb due to the difficulty in getting spares in as little as 2 years since purchase.

With that said and your valve installed and working, I highly recommend getting a spare cartridge for when your current one fails.

Reply to Brand new shower mixer valve not switching off in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock