Search the forum,

Discuss BPS242RF Thermostat Auto Issues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plugmypipe

Have a thermostat (BPS242RF) and the receiver box on the wall (BR1 Boss Therm). Setting the thermostat as per the manual, but the auto setting seems to have a mind of its own and keeps turning the heating on when not required. For example. The thermostat clock is set to a 24hour clock. The thermostat set to come on at 10.30am and off at 11.15am, as I am testing. I leave the boiler on at night and the thermostat set to auto which is showing as 'off' which it should at night. I then checked the heating at night around 11.45pm and the heating is on and radiators hot. This shouldn't be happening until 10.30am in the morning. This keeps happening even when changing time settings.

Is this a regular problem with this model thermostat and setting it to auto ?

The switch on / off times are:-

A1 = 10.45am ON
A2 = 11.15am OFF
A3 = 16.00pm ON
A4 = 17.30pm OFF

The comfort / setback temperatures are:-

comfort 17
setback 18

Hope this helps

The switch on / off times are:-

A1 = 10.45am ON
A2 = 11.15am OFF
A3 = 16.00pm ON
A4 = 17.30pm OFF

The comfort / setback temperatures are:-

comfort 17
setback 18

Hope this helps
Are you certain that the setback temperature is higher than the comfort temperature? It's not normal to do that as the setback temperature is usually much lower than the comfort.

The times are, to say the least, very unusual. Heating on for half an hour in the morning and 90 minutes in the afternoon!

I would have expected settings similar to this:

A1 = 0700 - ON, 20C (Comfort)
A2 = 0900 - OFF, 10C (Setback)
A3 = 1700 - ON, 20C (Comfort)
A4 = 2230 - OFF, 10C (Setback)

Are you certain that the setback temperature is higher than the comfort temperature? It's not normal to do that as the setback temperature is usually much lower than the comfort.

The times are, to say the least, very unusual. Heating on for half an hour in the morning and 90 minutes in the afternoon!

I would have expected settings similar to this:

A1 = 0700 - ON, 20C (Comfort)
A2 = 0900 - OFF, 10C (Setback)
A3 = 1700 - ON, 20C (Comfort)
A4 = 2230 - OFF, 10C (Setback)

Thanks for the reply.

The settings I set are just for testing, they aren't permanent. Could the setback and comfort temperatures be set at their lowest 5C ?

So basically, setting auto times is also dependent on comfort and setback temperatures, rather than being independent of them ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to BPS242RF Thermostat Auto Issues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock