Search the forum,

Discuss BPS242RF has problem in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

BPS242RF has problem with setting only because the dial to set everything is not working. i.e won't change the numbers. Dose it need changing altogether or can it be repaired? and what about the receiver? do they need changing both?

Have you got fresh batteries in it? Have you tried leaving batteries out for say 24hrs to reset it? (Not that I know that has any guaranteed effect with this model!)
I don't think there's much chance of getting it repaired.
There's a Siemens replacement RDJ10RF and receiver

I believe you would need to change both the programmer and the receiver.

Last edited:
Have you got fresh batteries in it? Have you tried leaving batteries out for say 24hrs to reset It?
I don't think there's much chance of getting it repaired.
There's a Siemens replacement RDJ10RF and receiver

I believe you would need to change both the programmer and the receiver.
Thank you, does it need both parts, or only one needs to be replaced that is not working? receiver is fine

Thank you, does it need both parts, or only one needs to be replaced that is not working? receiver is fine
I've read another post on here somewhere saying that in theory you can change a BPS242RF but keep the original receiver, but the person posting said to avoid having to go back to customers because of problems, he decided to always replace both units every time.
I think the BPS242RF is obsolete now.
If you change to the Siemens version, I think you will need to replace both units, yes.

Reply to BPS242RF has problem in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock